The Sales Administrator, Defense Systems, will report to the Sr. Business Development Administration Manager within the Business Development Department.
We provide advanced photonics solutions and other specialty technology for US and international Special Operations Forces and Combat Arms elements that are forward in the fight.
B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015-certified developer, manufacturer, and systems integrator of optoelectronic and related products used in defense and law enforcement applications. The company’s core competencies include turnkey laser targeting and illumination systems, night-vision devices, long range surveillance, and other integrated laser systems. We are proud of our reputation as a technology leader in delivering solutions that are proven to meet the demanding performance requirements of extreme environments and combat conditions. Since our origin in 1974, we have been dedicated to providing the highest quality of products, services and support to our customers. B.E. Meyers & Co. is a privately-owned and operated small business located in Redmond, WA.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the sales administration of B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. products and services. Sales administration includes support for sales to US defense, government, and law enforcement customers, as well as channel resellers and partners. Specific responsibilities include providing, following-up and booking quotes to customers and coordinating with channel resellers and partners. Works with the business development, sales, marketing, operations, and compliance teams to support customer needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include but not limited to:
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships, in and outside of the organization, and maintaining them over time.
- Maintains awareness of and frequent contact with US defense, government, and law enforcement channel resellers and partners, and supports the Sales Administration and Business Development team within the segment and on occasion may be required to support broader sales administrative duties.
- Working with Regulatory Affairs Team on Reseller Agreements, NDAs, and sales contracts.
- Working with Operations on costs and shipping forecasts, documentation, and reporting status.
- Maintains, tracks, and manages sales information in SalesForce and SYSPRO.
- Maintains and administers GSA Contracts and NSN Listings for B.E. Meyers.
- Reconciles the Quote File on a monthly basis and adjusts, deletes quotes, as necessary.
- Maintains and updated database of sales and opportunity contacts utilizing SalesForce.
- Works closely with Business Development team on the integration of new products and orders and sales forecasts.
- Supports the business ISO9001:2015 processes in respect of Sales Administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must love guns!
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent business writing and proofreading skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience in Inside Sales, preferably for a US defense company supporting the US Department of Defense.
- Experience in pricing and quoting functions.
- Experience with Federal programs, contracts/ FAR, DFAR, and government procurement vehicles.
- Experience with ITAR Regulations, Department of State, Department of Commerce and US customs regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of a primary Consumer Relations Management software (i.e. SalesForce, etc.) at a management and implementation level.
- Knowledge of government contracting is preferred.
- General knowledge and experience dealing with BPA’s, IDIQ’s and small business set-aside preferred.
- Familiarity with SAM.gov, ability to read and interpret solicitations, and analyze open source publications for possible product sale and technology development opportunities in concert with company profile.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING SKILLS: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems such as Syspro, Unipoint, and CRM software.
- Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires the incumbent to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally and regularly requires walking, sitting, talking, and using hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job are close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office environment. (Examples: business office with computers and/or computer printers, light traffic).
This position may require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer