is a fast-paced job that is never boring. In a typical day, you will help find solutions for applications ranging from high power laser processing to state-of-the-art microscopy, biological sensing, optical design, mechanical design, precision positioning, vibration isolation, motion control and programming. To help you answer these questions and recommend solutions, you will have access to our optical designers, engineers, and scientists, as well as software tools including Autodesk Inventor Professional, ZEMAX, LabView and Visual Studio.
• Help customers and sales team with engineering and applications related to optics, precision mechanics, lasers, light measurement, and a variety of related product lines
• Work closely with sales, marketing, and manufacturing regarding technical specifications of our products.
• Assist with developing new manufacturing processes
• Help develop and write work instructions for optical and mechanical assemblies
• Help develop testing methodologies for new products
• Assist setting up trade show demonstrations and travel to trade shows as required.
• Assist in training of sales staff.
• Work with Product Mangers and sales to provide estimations for custom products.
• Hands on Physics, Optics, Mechanics Laboratory experience
• University level training in optics
• BA/BS in Physics, Applied Physics, Optical Engineering, or closely related degree
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• English language proficiency equivalent to college educated native speaker.
• Experience using LabView, Visual Studio or other programming environments. Hardware interfacing experience a plus.
• Competency in MS Word and Excel.
• Experience using Autodesk Inventor, Autocad, Zemax and Essential Macleod a plus.
• Ability to excel in a team environment.
• “US Person” required as defined by U.S. Export Regulations Agencies.
OptoSigma is a growing, service oriented world-class manufacturer and distributor of high-end optics, opto-mechanics, motorized stages, and specialized optical coatings. We offer an exciting, growth environment for energetic, self-motivated individuals where your contributions will be recognized. Our primary customers include OEMs, research institutes and universities that use our products in a multitude of fascinating applications.
We offer an excellent compensation package including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K and generous paid time off.