Senior Applications and Project Engineer
is a fast-paced job that is never boring. In a typical day, you will be responsible for managing projects that consist of Opto-Mechanical Assemblies and Optics, including design for manufacturing, creating documentation, coordinating, establishing and training of manufacturing, and test processes. You will also help find solutions for applications ranging from high power laser processing to state-of-the-art microscopy, biological sensing, optical design, mechanical design, precision positioning, vibration isolation, motion control and programming. You will have access to a variety of software packages and have support from the Engineering Manager and other team members.
• Manage and support key projects that consist of complex Opto-Mechanical Assemblies
• Assist with developing new manufacturing processes
• Develop and write work instructions for optical and mechanical assemblies
• Develop testing methodologies for manufacturing and new products
• Support customers and sales team with engineering and applications related to optics, precision mechanics, lasers, light measurement, and a variety of related product lines
• Work closely with sales, marketing, and manufacturing regarding technical specifications of our products.
• Train Sales team, junior engineers, production technicians and quality team members
• Help work with manufacturing and sales to provide estimations for custom products and services.
• 5+ years’ experience developing applications and processes for the Optics and Photonics Industry.
• Experience writing technical documentation for training, process documentation and marketing
• BA/BS or higher degree in Physics, Applied Physics or closely related field
• Hands on Physics, Optics, Mechanics laboratory and manufacturing experience
• University level training in optics
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• English language proficiency equivalent to college educated native speaker.
• Experience using LabView, Visual Studio or other programming environments. Hardware interfacing experience a plus.
• Competency in MS Word and Excel.
• Experience using Autodesk Inventor, Autocad, Zemax and Essential Macleod a plus.
• Ability to excel in a team environment.
• “US Person” required as defined by U.S. Export Regulations Agencies.
OptoSigma is a growing, service oriented world-class manufacturer and distributor of high-end optics, opto-mechanics, motorized stages, and specialized optical coatings. We offer an exciting, growth environment for energetic, self-motivated individuals where your contributions will be recognized. Our primary customers include OEMs, research institutes and universities that use our products in a multitude of fascinating applications.
We offer an excellent compensation package including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K and generous paid time off.