Electrical Engineer Delphi
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Electrical Engineer-Data Connectivity ENG-17-00388|
Make a Delphi Difference on your first day.
At Delphi, we are dreamers who do. Our ideas inspire change. Our actions produce change. We collaborate, innovate, and execute with excellence, working hard to deliver a better drive today. And a better future, tomorrow.
Join our team. Impact the mobility transformation.
Delphi’s Data Connectivity group has an exciting Electronics Design position. This role will develop leading edge circuits and systems to solve automotive integration of wireless device charging and USB connectivity modules that outperform commercial products.
E/EA provides complete design of the vehicle’s electrical architecture, including connectors, wiring assemblies and harnesses, electrical centers, hybrid high voltage and safety distribution systems. Our Hybrid portfolio ENABLES high voltage power and electronics backbones that support increased vehicle content and electrification, reducing emissions and higher fuel economy through weight savings. It also includes infotainment and displays; 3D clusters, embedded Wi-Fi, navigation, Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V) connection systems, etc. We enable Delphi as a world leader in optimizing and customizing electrical architectures that take intelligent driving to new levels. Divisional HQ: Shanghai, China.
This position will be located in Auburn Hills, MI
- Design OEM products requiring circuits such as switch mode power supplies, power switches, Power amplifiers (Class D), wireless charging standards & circuits, HDMI receivers, USB hubs, embedded MCU, audio/video codecs, and wireless communications links based on standards based RF (e.g. 802.11n, Bluetooth) and proprietary infrared technology.
- Work directly with automotive OEMs and other Tier 1 suppliers to design products that meet customer functional, EMC and electrical requirements.
- Develop product schematics and oversee PCB layout.
- Develop new circuit building blocks and new components
- Negotiate Design Validation plan with the customer and manage its execution in the test lab.
- Conduct detailed benchmarking, competitive and cost-tradeoff analysis for area of responsibility
- Perform simulations, worst case circuit tolerance analysis, FMEAs, fault tree analysis and similar design disciplines
- Bench level debugging, testing and prototyping
- Analyze and operate with a consumer-focused and platform mindset in addition to utilizing excellent OE design practices
- Travel as required, 10-15% likely – some international
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Basic Qualifications:
- 1 year + digital & analog design experience developing & deploying electronics and electronic circuits / systems
- Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering; MSEE a plus
- Experience at Tier 1 Automotive Electronics Company
- Experience with typical industry practices and OEM customer requirements for design of electrical products
- Digital design experience with memory interfaces, display interfaces, IIS, I2C, SPI and other high speed serial communication interfaces such as USB 2.0, USB3.0, and HDMI.
- Analog design experience with analog circuits including power amplifiers, audio, video, and power supplies. RF design capability (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC)
- Experience with simulation tools and schematic capture
- Experience with DVP&R Testing
- Experience using latest equipment including scopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers and photonic testers
- Knowledge of proper design methods to reduce RFI, EMI and ESD to pass automotive specifications, and EMC / EMI protection circuitry.
- Strong working knowledge of SMT, heat sinks and injection molding
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Electrical+Engineer&c=Delphi&l=Auburn+Hills,+MI&jk=830946c1f3bae60f&rtk=1bi1bmspj1a3e2qr&from=rss