My Client in Litchfield county is looking to add to their engineering team IMMEDIATELY and bring on an Electrical Design Engineer!
A collaborative and agile role, responsible for the electrical engineering design and development efforts from concept to commercial release of new and legacy UV curing products for use in the electronics, industrial, aerospace and medical-device end markets. With a strong focus on analog and digital circuit design, an Electrical Design Engineer will balance expertise in electronic engineering fundamentals with project management skills to develop and support electrical hardware design, and maintain the design collateral that completes a project file.
- Lead and manage small projects from start to finish independently, while also serving as support role on larger team-based project.
- Research and investigate appropriate component selection and circuit design for embedded microcontroller based hardware designs, LED and UV lamp drivers, communication protocols, power management, noise filtering, and other relevant design aspects of UV curing equipment; conducting critical design analysis and simulations of complex systems and sub-systems of equipment.
- Create and maintain engineering data, documentation and collateral that achieves project deliverables and supports a product Design History File (DHF), such as, electrical drawings, schematics, functional block diagrams, technical specifications, functional requirements documents, software requirements, component datasheets, project schedules & tasks lists, engineering analysis & simulation reports, and design verification test plans and reports.
- Perform classical engineering analysis on designs and concepts using mathematics, conventional scientific methods or use of software simulations. When required, initiate and perform hands-on laboratory testing for the benefit of product validation, competitive benchmarking, analysis of field failures, and solving technical issues.
- Innovate and develop new designs, to eliminate quality issues from legacy products, demonstrate product improvements/enhancements/cost savings, and/or ideas for new products.
- Serve as an internal customer advocate, publishing design and project deliverables to ensure results, data and documentation are available for review by the team and management.
- Be a quality champion to ensure rigor in the process of product development and adherence in engineering standards is upheld. When required, redesign old work to bring up to the latest design standards and protocols.
- Drive project results through the self-motived ability to collect and analyze data, then draw meaningful conclusions that can presented to peers and management. Communicate orally or by publishing written findings in a professional and expert manner.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from an accredited university required.
- Minimum five to seven years of experience, preferably in an industry dealing with the manufacturing, assembly and development of electromechanical products. Prior knowledge of UV curing systems, photonics or optoelectronic products is a plus and/or experience with networking equipment to industrial machine protocols also a plus.
- Advanced user of schematic capture software such as OrCAD or Altium, and experience with working with proper Product Data Management (PDM) protocols and document control methodologies for standard parts library. Experience with SolidWorks Electrical is a plus.
- Willing to develop and maintain part libraries and migrate legacy data into new design standards.
- Must be able to support all aspect of product life cycle, including sustaining engineering, component requalification, cost savings initiatives, and other Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) projects.
- Must be able to manage time effectively, splitting time across various projects.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes such as, cabling and wire harness construction, and printed circuit board fabrication. Understands and can implement proper techniques for design for manufacturability (DFM) and design for assembly (DFA).
- Strong experience embedded microcontroller based hardware design, knowledge of high speed PCB layout, signal integrity, timing analysis, and thermal management required.
- Demonstrated use of solid engineering fundamentals with electromechanical equipment.
- Familiarity in designing systems that meet regulatory compliance requirement, and supporting product testing such as CE, safety, EMI/EMC, IEC, UL, etc.
- High comfort level to work both independently and in teams. Must be able to effectively communicate own ideas, gathering ideas of others, and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to thrive in an environment that openly shares work/ideas and routinely seek reviews/feedback from peers.
Apply Here: http://jobview.monster.com/Electrical-Design-Engineer-Job-Torrington-CT-US-184887653.aspx