Do you want to work for a company that is making oil and gas safer and cleaner? Are you interested in putting your mark on a company’s future?
If so, here’s your chance to join Rebellion Photonics in our new digs in Houston’s EaDO district.
Description: Rebellion Photonics is an advanced optics company that is commercializing innovative hyperspectral imaging gas detection solutions for the petro-chemical and oil & gas industries.
We are currently in search of an experienced Electrical Engineer for development and support of manufacturing of advanced hyperspectral imaging hardware. The candidate will be part of a dynamic engineering team working with next generation infrared imaging sensors, embedded hyperspectral image processing hardware, and mobile technology platforms including: efficient battery power design, display electronics, and wireless communication systems.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a broad depth of understanding covering the full electronic design processes. Creativity, problem solving, independent thinking, flexibility, and vision are all required for this position.
Rebellion Photonics offers interesting work, dynamic, friendly, and informal environment with excellent prospects to grow with the company.
- Digital and analog hardware design, development, and testing
- Firmware development
- Evaluate products on manufacturing floor recommend or implement corrective action.
- Evaluate existing hardware and firmware products and recommends changes to eliminate causes of malfunctions.
- Support new product development reviews and reporting as required
- Provide effort estimates in support of bid and proposal efforts as required
- Provide technical engineering input/support as required
- A BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, with demonstrated experience in one or more roles above.
- 5+ years of experience of digital hardware design. This role will be primarily responsible for digital electronics design, but an understanding of analog electronics is desirable.
- Experience with professional schematic capture and PCB layout tools (Altium preferred).
- 2+ years of firmware development with strong C/C++ skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic environment.
- Strong math and physics background.
- Experience with FPGA/CPLD development using VHDL or Verilog is highly desirable, but not required.
- Hazardous Environment Certification: We develop products for the oil and gas industry and experience designing hardware certified for hazardous environments is desirable, but not required.
Job-Type – Full-time
Salary – DOE
Benefits – Company provided health insurance for employee
Location – Houston, TX
EOE Statement – We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- of digital hardware design: 5 years
- firmware development with strong C/C++ skills.: 2 years