The OEM Project Engineer is responsible for for providing sales and engineering/project support to the Thorlabs OEM sales team as well as providing support for Thorlabs key and OEM accounts. The OEM Project Engineer will serve as a direct consultant to Thorlabs OEM customers and will see to that the customers’ technical and project needs are met to the customers’ expectations. The OEM Project Engineer will work with the appropriate internal teams to ensure the delivery of rapid feedback and technical information to our customers.
Essential Job Functionsinclude the following, but are not limited to:
- Provide sales and technical support to OEM customers.
- Work closely with Thorlabs OEM regional sales engineers, sales coordinators, and internal engineering teams to best manage new and existing customer projects and opportunities
- Build close relationships with Thorlabs OEM customers to develop a complete understanding of their needs and leverage Thorlabs’ vertical integration to best suit the customers’ projects.
- Support Thorlabs sales staff for pricing submission to customers and maintain OEM pricing strategy as set by the OEM Sales Manager
- Leverage industry expertise and strong customer relationships to identify and qualify additional business opportunities as customer needs grow
- Understand and safe guard the business case with respect to cost and schedule
- Work with the sales coordinators and supply chain to ensure timely delivery of customer’s goods and ensure that customers are aware of product obsolescence and end of life issues.
- Travel to visit key customer/accounts as well as attend tradeshows as required by business unit (estimated travel <25%).
· Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.