Key components of this position are:
Using Physics, Mathematics, Electronics, Mechanics, and Software knowledge and an understanding of the sensor systems and the lithography tool to model, design and de-bug new and existing sensors in complex environments (lithography equipment integrated in a wafer fab);
– Physical and geometric modelling
– Simulation in Matlab and other suitable languages and design tools
– Complex algorithm development
– Test planning and experimental setup
– Data analysis and visualization including FFT, PSD’s and correlation investigations
– Optimization routines for system improvement
– Design of calibration algorithms and associated software
– Statistical process control
– Image processing and pattern recognition
– Sensor and camera calibration
– Signal processing
– Coordinate transformations and geometric compensation
– Tolerance analysis and Monte Carlo methods
– Error budgeting
– Systems engineering
– the candidate must have the capacity to lead engineers and technicians in executing activities related to complex tests, data gathering, and effectively communicate results to managers and customers;
– the candidate must have expertise at troubleshooting complex problems on complex systems, develop and debug algorithms; the candidate must have the ability to use analytical processes (8Ds, fault trees, Ishikawa diagrams, etc…) to develop test plans to determine problem root cause;
– The candidate must have the capability to clearly communicating progress and status of ongoing investigations to managers and to customers; Candidate will be required to write reports documenting investigations carried out
– Python) a plus
– Nominal travel ( ~ 15%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected on a routine basis.
MS in Physics (PhD preferred), Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or other Engineering discipline, with an emphasis on optical system, photonics, electronics or software design and analysis or equivalent experience . Dual degree in a second engineering discipline a plus.
Three to five years of experience required. Experience in working with engineers across disciplines to solve complex problems in a timely manner. Strong emphasis on creative problem solving and effective communication.
– Be able to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions – strong critical thinking capability;
– Have strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results while under time constraints; High energy, high level of dedication;
– Be willing to jump in on new issues, get to the bottom of the causes and propose practical solutions;
– A working knowledge of MatLab and/or Labview for data collection and analysis to drive solutions;
– Be competent in and/or have affinity with: optical design and electro-optical devices, detection electronics, electrical and SW data processing;
– Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule;
– Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab);
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
-The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
-The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
-May require travel dependent on company needs.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
-Can work under deadlines.
-The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
-Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
-Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
-Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer