Senior Analog and Mixed-Signal Chip Architect Imec
Senior Analog and Mixed-Signal Chip Architect|
Imec is one of the largest independent research centers in the domain of nanotechnology and –electronics with offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Taiwan, US, China, Japan and India. Over 2080 people with more than 70 different
nationalities collaborate to perform research that mainly focusses on the development of chips and systems for the future. These are mostly researchers but our staff also consists of
engineers, operators and people in logistic supporting roles.
Imec Florida is an R&D design center facilitating collaboration between imec’s
headquarters, based in Leuven, Belgium, and U.S.-based semiconductor and system companies, universities, and research institutes. It focuses on R&D of high speed electronics and
photonics solutions. Initially, imec Florida will be offering IC design research for a broad set of semiconductor-based solutions such as mm-wave imaging, infra-red imaging,
LIDAR systems, and a broad range of sensors.
The exponentially growing demand for advanced wireless communication and sensing capabilities in future IoT devices drives the industry towards ever more complex
integration of analog and mixed-signal functionality in sub-nanometer CMOS systems-on-chip (SoC). We are looking for an experienced chip architect who can steer this integration and
participate actively in the design phase. This requires both top-down insights (starting from system specifications and devising a suitable partitioning of blocks) as bottom-up thinking
(taking the changing characteristics of downscaled devices and corresponding new optimal analog architectures into account).
- Drive the top-down system partitioning of advanced mixed-signal CMOS SoCs for future radar and communication systems.
- Drive the bottom-up evolution of analog/RF/Mmwave architectures taking technology scaling and changing device characteristics into account.
- Design key analog, mixed signal, RF and millimeter-wave functional blocks.
- Build up a comprehensive insight into all latest CMOS technologies (bulk CMOS, FinFET, SoI) and steer their choice driven by future application requirements.
- Be the technical conscience both within the team and imec as well as towards partners.
- Represent the team and drive technical discussions with partners and prospects.
- Take ownership of technical interactions technical interactions with both external partners and internal program management to shape imec’s research roadmap together with
internal program management.
- PhD degree in the domain of analog or mixed-signal IC design or equivalent through experience.
- At least 10 years of analog or RF IC design experience and you have designed in CMOS technology.
- Familiar with the implementation of wireless communication and/or radar systems and can translate their application-level requirements into IC design specifications.
- Experience in an industrial context is a plus.
- You enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work independently yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields.
- Excellent reporting skills and are able to present technical results and choices clearly and concisely.
- You can easily integrate in an international team.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential.
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. In addition this is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. As befits a true world player we offer you an attractive total compensation package to reward your drive and commitment.
Imec is an internationalrenowned research institute that performs research in different fields of nanoelectronics.Imec is headquartered in…
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Senior+Analog+Mixed+Signal+Chip+Architect&c=Imec&l=Florida&jk=917208ef0f7833e0&rtk=1bher85uj182i7kc&from=rss