Laser Reliability Engineer Finisar
Fremont, CA 94538
KEY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:|
– Lead qualification testing and reliability analyses of leading-edge optoelectronic and photonic components in an R&D environment, from planning through completion of qualification reports. Primary responsibilities are for reliability of long-wave lasers, modulators and photodetectors for data communications and telecommunications.
– The specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
– Analyze risk and drive FMEA’s for development projects and emerging issues.
– Determine qualification test plans following existing procedures and meeting program requirements. Include required stress tests, test data, measurement points, and report deliverables. Assist in scheduling the work.
– Develop reliability screens and verify their effectiveness.
– Identify and characterize device failure modes, including design of necessary experiments, setup of tests and measurements, sample preparation and analysis, and coordination of analysis with internal and external labs.
– Set-up and execute reliability-oriented DOE’s.
– Analyze data, generate charts, and write Interim and Final Qualification Test Reports (QTR’s).
– Participate in design and process reviews.
– Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety, and environmental regulations.
– The ideal candidate would additionally be able to perform the following duties:
– Create / modify test software, scripts and queries to generate, gather and analyze data.
– Construct test setups including assembly, cabling, hand soldering, etc.
– Education: MS or greater in Engineering or related field.
– Minimum: 5+ years of relevant experience
– Familiarity with failure analysis techniques, including cross-sections, SEM, TEM, IR imaging, SIMS, Auger
– Familiarity with compound semiconductor devices, understanding of InP-based epitaxy a plus
– Understanding of failure modes and acceleration factors in reliability testing
– Understanding of wafer fabrication
– Ability with MS Excel. Prefer ability to write / modify macros in MS Excel and conduct analysis with JMP.
– Work on multiple projects, plan own work and drive to meet strict deadlines.
– Positive inter-personal skills necessary to support cross-functional teams.
– Strong technical (written and verbal) communication skills required
Finisar helps put the “work” in network with optical components and subsystems that enable high-speed data communications over LANs or…
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Laser+Reliability+Engineer&c=Finisar&l=Fremont,+CA&jk=3f715714ebf6012f&rtk=1bhh08jjd1a5e3ml&from=rss