Staff Development Engineer
Coherent, Inc. –
Portland, OR 97224
Coherent’s Laser Systems and Measurement division designs and manufactures LD-based lasers, multi-laser light engines and laser measurement devices. We seek an outstanding staff development engineer to design and launch our next generation of lasers and light engines.|
1) As a key contributor, provide technical leadership within the LSM Engineering group in the optical design and validation of laser diode modules, laser systems, and multi-laser systems
2) Produce detailed designs of lasers, laser optics, optical fibers, optical fiber couplings, optical sensors, laser diode modules, and multi-laser light engines from UV to NIR in Zemax
3) With mechanical and electrical engineers, develop micron precision optical assemblies
4) Develop prototypes and conduct laboratory testing of laser diodes, laser modules, and multi-laser systems to project milestones
5) Design beam shaping and line generation optics with Zemax.
6) With mechanical and electrical engineers, develop micron precision opto-mechanical assembly processes and test/metrology procedures for new products.
7) Support the transfer of new products to manufacturing to project milestones
8) Work with customers to develop system performance targets and specifications and to support system integration
9) Stay current with market and technology developments including market trends, competitive products and research in bio-instrumentation and related photonics
1) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
2) Excellent team and interpersonal skills
3) Strong leadership ability including project management
4) System-level thinking combined with strong attention to detail
Education and Work Experience
1) A Ph.D in Optical Engineering, Applied Physics or a related discipline with three years of applicable product development experience or a master’s degree in the above with five years of applicable product development experience.
2) Experience in the following areas:
-Optical system design of commercial laser products, both free space and fiber coupled
-Optical system design of micro-optics assemblies with passive and active alignment
-Validation testing of optical system designs at both the optical bench and prototype product stages
-Optical system design with Zemax using geometric and physical optics
-Experience with optical adhesives and adhesive bonding methods
3) A working knowledge of laser safety
4) A working knowledge of SolidWorks and Labview is a plus
5) A working knowledge of project management, including formal training, is a plus
Coherent, Inc is a company with headquarters located in Santa Clara, California, USA, with other sites located in the US, Europe, and Asia….
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Staff+Development+Engineer&c=Coherent&l=Portland,+OR&jk=ba6bcdf68888138b&rtk=1bh7ho8cf1brh2qj&from=rss