Project Manager (Level 1) – Optical Modules Development ASML
San Jose, CA 95131
IntroductionASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ and San Jose, CA.|
ASML’s Optical Modules Development Group in Wilton CT is seeking a Project Manager (level 1) to lead a team of engineers and physicists to develop and integrate optical / photonic sensor systems used within ASML’s photolithography tools. These systems typically include light sources, detectors, optical and electro-optical components, fiber optics, electronics and signal processing software functioning in close collaboration with the rest of the lithography system. Specifically, this person will lead the development for the automatic set-up, calibration, diagnostics, and performance monitoring functions of the sensor systems.
Provide leadership & direction to a team of engineers and physicists to develop the calibration, performance, and diagnostics functions for complex optical system. Responsibilities include:
- Plan and prioritize team activities (30-40 people): create detailed plans (MS Project) integrated with other projects / activities, define deliverables for the team;
- Manage the team structure: Set up a team structure that matches the work content of the work-breakdown structure; Understand an utilize the proper escalation paths and acts accordingly; Identify and understand project interdependencies and manage them effectively;
- Delegate tasks and follow up: Run efficient project meetings; delegate necessary tasks to the team; capture and publish meeting minutes and action items consistently; keep daily control;
- Manage system interdependencies: learn and understand how your technical deliverables interact and link to other subsystems – manage the interdependencies;
- Sufficient technical expertise to help drive technical solutions and solve difficult problems when the arise;
- Risk management: assess (routinely) risks – performance, reliability and cost risks; understand operation risks – plan mitigation actions;
- Routinely prepare and deliver status reports to senior management;
- The candidate must have the capacity to lead large teams of scientists, engineers and technicians in executing activities related to complex development of optical alignment and metrology equipment; The candidate must exhibit complete ownership of the deliverables;
- Problem Solving:
- The candidate must have expertise at anticipating and solving complex problems on complex optical systems; the candidate must have the ability to lead the development team in the use analytical processes (8Ds, fault trees, Ishikawa diagrams, etc…) to develop test plans to determine problem root cause;
- The candidate must have the capability to clearly communicating progress and status of ongoing activities to managers and to customers, and to work closely with a cross-function group from other sectors within ASML;
- Nominal travel ( ~ 20%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected on a routine basis.
- Minimum: BS in Physics or Optical Engineering, with an emphasis on optical system, photonics, design and analysis.
- MS, PhD, dual degree in a second engineering discipline desired.
- MBA, MOT, PMI certification a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of project leadership experience on large projects required.
- Experience in working with engineers across disciplines to solve complex optical alignment and metrology problems in a timely manner.
- Strong emphasis on creative problem solving and effective communication.
- Be able to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions – strong critical thinking capability;
- Have strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results while under time constraints. Responsible, professional communication to senior management at ASML, customer service organization, and with our customer. High energy, high ownership, high level of dedication;
- Be willing to jump in on new issues, get to the bottom of the causes and propose practical solutions;
- Be competent in and/or have affinity with: optical design and electro-optical devices, detection electronics, electrical and SW data processing;
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule;
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab);
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer
Be part of progress.
We make machines that make chips; the hearts of the devices that keep us informed, entertained and safe. Devices…
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Project+Manager&c=ASML&l=San+Jose,+CA&jk=349d34bd4af60b1f&rtk=1bh86bgjk184h7o0&from=rss