OEM Key Account Manager Newport Corporation
Andover, MA 01810
The Technical Account Manager has responsibility for evaluating, driving and closing new strategic business opportunities and initiatives. The successful individual will define vision, strategies, and tactics necessary to develop long term business relationships. Candidates with current technical account management responsibility as well as candidates with an applications engineering background looking to transition into a customer facing technical account management role will be considered.
- Identifies and develops new opportunities leading to incremental revenue for the company.
- Confident in leveraging resources and contacts to cultivate new opportunities.
- Fully understands the sales cycle from generating leads to engagement to procurement.
- Capable of interacting with customers on a technical level for problem solving purposes.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or opportunity requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Frequent customer interaction and ability to engage with key personnel.
- Ability to understand, anticipate and communicate customer needs.
- Oversees market analysis, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs.
- Utilizes all sales efficiency tools.
- Timely preparation and submission of forecasting for all opportunities in the pipeline.
- Capable of providing regular management reporting on a key account, including orders, sales forecasts, pipeline, issues, account overviews detailing strategic initiatives and customer call plan reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Five years selling and/or applications engineering experience in semiconductor or related field.
- Aptitude for customer facing interactions imperative in this role.
- Requires high degree of independent, logical, and creative thinking toward successful new bundled sales.
- Ability to interact effectively with engineers and management on both the MKS and customer side of the business.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Project management experience desired.
- Vacuum, Optics or Photonics industry experience, especially with OEM customers, is a plus.
- 10 – 15% Domestic travel, 5% International
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Oem+Key+Account+Manager&c=Newport+Corporation&l=Andover,+MA&jk=3c986d51ee012436&rtk=1bh7l64oiaf69e6b&from=rss