Edmund Optics is a leading supplier of optical components, designing and manufacturing a wide array of multi-element lenses, lens coatings, imaging systems, and opto-mechanical equipment. Recently voted #1 Preferred Supplier of Optical Components in the US by Readex Research, we are proud to assist customers in a wide variety of applications from medical devices to inspection systems to laboratory research. While Edmund Optics is well known for its catalog, we offer much more to customers, including a wide array of engineering and manufacturing services. Our worldwide presence in the United States, Japan, China, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Singapore allows us to service a global audience with local support and languages. Edmund Optics remains focused on providing our customers with the largest selection and inventory of optical components in the world, along with quick delivery and outstanding technical support. We invite you to learn more about our dynamic company and culture online at: www.edmundoptics.com.
Edmund Optics is seeking a Senior Design Engineer. This is a design position, which incorporates optical design and optical tolerancing for the defense market.
- Execute Optical designs for product development and external customers
- Provide support to customers needing assistance developing systems
- Design evaluation and tolerance for product development and external customers
- Development of design and analysis tools and procedures
- Help in development of other design engineers
- Presentation of design results and analysis of performance
- Participate in Design Reviews
- Check designs of other engineers
- Support internal technical training efforts
- Attend training
- Support document control
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in optical principles and optical design and/or proficiency Optomechanical design
- Understanding of basic optical principals and basic mechanical principals
- Understanding of lab techniques
- Proficiency in Optical design software and/or CAD software
- Knowledge of company products and applications
- Understanding of document control
- Great communication, organization, and math skills
- Motivated and self-starter
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in optical sciences, physics or equivalent experience; ten (10) or more years’ experience in the optical industry.
Ability to travel; work in office and/or lab setting.
- US Citizenship or permanent residence required
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5370997