Newport, now part of MKS Instruments, is the world’s largest photonics company providing innovative solutions and industry-leading product brands to multiple markets. Our combined product portfolio includes Corion®, ILX Lightwave™, New Focus™, Ophir, Oriel® Instruments, Richardson Gratings™, and Spectra-Physics® Lasers. We provide complete photonic solutions to make, manage and measure light.
The Sr. Systems Engineer will provide hands on support for servers & applications (IT apps/Business apps). This individual will participate on a team that is responsible for the effective and efficient support and management of the IT Global infrastructure. This includes installation, maintenance and administration of Microsoft servers & applications. However individual must be flexible and have the technical aptitude to work with non-Microsoft technologies as needed.
- Knowledge of server hardware platforms and virtualization architecture (vCenter/vSphere)
- Maintain ESX Farm and VM clients (day-to-day operations decom/deploy/alerts)
- Enterprise data backup (NetBackup experience preferred).Perform backup recovery and verify data integrity.Monitor backup job status, resolve issues/failures.
- Knowledge of current operating systems, such as Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Maintain Active Directory Security Groups, cleanups, test and audits.
- Design, build and administer AWS environment.
- Configure, deploy workstation startup scripts and GPO.
- Ability to operate under minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem solving, oral and written communication skills, customer oriented and organizational skills.
- Ability to deal responsibly with sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and secure manner.
- 5+ years hands-on administration of VMWare environment
- 5+ years hands-on management of Windows Servers and Active Directory
- 5+ years Exchange Administration
- Knowledge of Anti-spam solution (cloud base).
- 1+ experience in administration of AWS.Certified a plus.
- Knowledge of OKTA administration
- 5+ years hands-on experience managing internal and external DNS for multiple domains
- Experience with MDM solutions
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Enterprise backup.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Req. Code : 70001239
Division/Department : Corporate