The Photonics Group
Respond with resume to [email protected]
The Senior Plant Engineer will be responsible for the leading the design, specification, procurement, integration, testing, and commissioning of the physical plant systems required to support operation of the new observatory.
* Develop and manage the design, procurement, construction, installation, and commissioning of the physical plant subsystems for the facility.
* Develop and manage the design, procurement, construction, installation, and commissioning of local electrical power systems to supply each of the plant and utility subsystems for the facility.
* Interface and work collaboratively with a wide range of technical and non-technical stakeholders, including scientists, electrical engineers, systems engineers, mechanical and structural engineers, site operations personnel, facility managers, and construction managers.
* Work with other facility subsystem groups to document the physical plant ICDs (Interface Control Documents) between subsystems, contribute to definition of remote monitoring system requirements, specification of sensors, and selection of PLCs.
* Act as the technical point of contact for contractors and other groups for the facility physical plant subsystems.
* Prepare cost and schedule estimates, proposals, design review documents, and presentations for internal and external project reviews.
* Ensure that physical plant system designs comply with US, Chile, and/or international codes, standards, and certifications
* Provide leadership in FMECA analyses of plant and utility systems for operationally critical facilities
* Oversee the installation of physical plant systems during construction, integration, test, commissioning, and transition to operations
* Coordinate enclosure, telescope, and facilities Assembly, Integration, and Test (AIT) and commissioning plans for the physical plant and associated electrical power systems.
* M.S. degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or closely related field
* The candidate must be able to demonstrate superior engineering expertise with physical plant systems for complex and high-reliability facilities
* 10 years of relevant hands-on experience with the planning, design, and installation of physical plant systems for complex technical facilities
* The successful candidate will have a proven track record in specifying, designing, managing, constructing, and operating physical plant systems for remote industrial facilities
* Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and management skills
* Ability to prepare documents, reports, and oral presentations
* Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and collaboratively within a group setting
* Knowledge of standards and best practices in industrial physical plant systems, PLCs, and remote monitoring techniques
* Experience with ground-based facility physical plant systems
* Open plan engineering office.
* Ability to work at an altitude of 8500 feet for extended periods
The Photonics Group
Call us at 919 479 1941