Inventory Control Specialist
LightPath Technologies –
Orlando, FL 32826
LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 30 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and gradient index GRADIUM® lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, our corporate office is located in Orlando, Florida, within Central Florida Research Park.
We are seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, highly motivated individual to play an essential role in our shipping and receiving department. The Inventory Control Specialist will be responsible for completing and managing the routine functions of our shipping and receiving department. This role requires excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritize, and deliver optimal performance with little to no supervision.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Prepare documents such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Perform inventory transactions such as receiving, issuing, and adjusting parts in or out of inventory.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials and follow up on late shipments.
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Complete requisitions and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices, such as hand truck, or sorting bins.
- Interface with key personnel such as the Operations Manager, Purchasing Manager, and Accounting Personnel.
- Assist in 5S and safety initiatives and support other lean manufacturing techniques.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills Required:
- Able to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Must possess a high attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure department needs are met.
- Must possess excellent time management skills.
- Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, professional demeanor, and excellent work ethic.
- Proficient at using a computer and the following computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet.
- Able to solve basic math problems.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Frequently required to walk, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, or use hands/fingers to feel or handle.
- Occasional standing, climbing, balancing, stooping, or kneeling are required.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- No specific vision abilities are required for this position.
- Able to work with a moderate amount of noise.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of U.S.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One (1) to five (5) years of experience in similar role or with similar responsibilities.
What We Offer:
- Medical Insurance-including an employer provided medical bridge policy in the event of inpatient hospitalization; Dental Insurance; Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Opportunity to enroll in optional supplemental insurance policies such as term life, critical illness, accident, death, and dismemberment, short term disability.
- Paid vacation with opportunity to rollover vacation hours and sell vacation back to company for payout at full rate.
- Paid sick time with opportunity to roll over sick hours.
- 10 paid company holidays.
- Discounts on a variety of products and services offered through our co-employer ADP.
NO CALLS FROM RECRUITERS
Job Type: Full-time
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to LightPath Technologies.
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Inventory-Control-Specialist-at-LightPath-Technologies-in-Orlando,-FL-dd6c0b3ca5744c66