Junior Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Enablence USA components, Inc –
Enablence is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative integrated optical products for the telecommunications, aerospace, and bio-chemical sensing industries. Enablence products are marketed globally and are critical to just about every fiber-optic network in the world. Our technology center has successfully developed photonic integrated circuits (PICs) used for 100G Transmit Optical Sub-Assembly (TOSA) and Receive Optical Sub-Assembly (ROSA) products. Enablence is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada. Enablence USA Components is set up with R&D and manufacturing. For more information, visit www.enablence.com.
As a Junior Opto-Mechanical Engineer, you will support in designing optical components, R&D test setup, mechanical tooling and fixture for optical modules. You will be closely learn from and work with our R&D team to develop cutting edge optical products. You will report directly to Senior Mechanical Engineer.
- Modify and assist in designing mechanisms for positioning and aligning optics (focus, rotation, translation, tip and tilt).
- Modify and assist in designing and assembly of R&D test setups for prototypes.
- Modify and assist in designing mechanical tooling and fixtures used in the assembly of optical modules.
- Analyze the mechanical tolerances and thermal stability of optical assemblies using FEA and other analytical tools.
- Involve in developing alignment and assembly processes for optical instruments.
- Ability to understand and contribute standard process flows in a product development cycle.
- Participate in problem solving efforts across functions (eg. packaging, test, etc.).
- BS/Master Degree of Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Experience with researching design options, documenting findings, and performing trade studies.
- Experience with modification, verification, and maintenance of electrical/mechanical drawings, documentation, and parts lists.
- Ability to perform hands-on assembly of mechanical components and systems.
- Ability to work independently, effectively, and collaboratively in multidisciplinary team environments.
- Software skills in testing and test automation, Python, LabVIEW is a plus.
- Knowledge with Optics or Photonics is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Engineering: 1 year
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Enablence USA components, Inc.
irixi is a start up on a mission to bring new, and innovative, next generation communication solutions.
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Junior-Opto-Mechanical-Engineer-at-Enablence-USA-components-in-Fremont,-CA-6adebcf5cee7e9a7