Embedded Software Engineer Gooch & Housego
Gooch & Housego (Orlando) is a leading developer and manufacturer of innovative photonics instrumentation based in beautiful Orlando, Florida. Gooch & Housego (Orlando) produces world-renowned spectroradiometers, spectrometers, calibration sources and other advanced optical systems for scientific, industrial and medical markets. We are in search of an Embedded Software Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to join the engineering staff of an establised company with excellent benefits.|
- Handle all aspects of embedded development for instrumentation line of products. Modify present instrumentation for production and sales support as well as designing new products.
- Work closely with electrical engineer to integrate the FPGA/PLD solutions and IP and provide support to the software application developers for communication protocols.
- Present accurate time estimates of requested work.
- Communicate well with customers, staff members, and management.
- Great latitude of creativity is expected.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Two years experience minimum
- Embedded development of instrumentation using Linux and baremetal designs
- Knowledge of memory mapped I/O, stepper motor control, I2C, USB, Ethernet, Modbus, Profibus, Ethernet/IP, SPI, Wifi
- Real-time high speed interrupt driven development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- C/C++, C#, Arm9, Cortex a9, 8051
- Eclipse, uVision, Code Composer Studio
- Optical radiation measurement knowledge
- Image processing
- Lean/Six Sigma training
- Supervisory experience
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Embedded-Software-Engineer-at-Gooch-&-Housego-in-Orlando,-FL-16db170bf6c7f528