Job Title: Field Senior Sales Engineer/Business Development
Purpose of the position:
The FSE Engineer North America manages effectively business development, all presales
customer activities from business development, sales support to initiation of the
quotations and follow-up with customers until closure of the order in her/his territory.
She/he manages and maintains a good customer care in teamwork with service. She’he
is the entrepreneur of the territory.
She/he is the primary sales coordinator with manufacturing, and as required with the
application engineer to fulfill customer demands. She/he is driven to insure total
Major duties and responsibilities:
• Efficiently develop and implement a strategy to generate qualified leads in
her/his territory. Develop an effective tactical approach for each market
segments in sync with company product strategy.
• First-line phone and email sales support to customers. Manages all sales
follow up with customer via phone, email and any other type of
• Manage and generate sales quotations to customers. Follow-up with customers
till order is closed in a timely manner.
• Perform (as required) demos with laser equipment at home office or if
necessary at customer sites.
• Maintain on-time all information required such as but not limited to quotations,
trip reports, and technical proposal in salesforce.com. Provide rolling forecast and
yearly budget forecast on time. Maintain the database up to date.
• Support shows, conferences the company’s participate into. Follow up with
customers and leads pro-actively.
• Provide feedback and report on a regular basis on customer needs, customer
issues, competition and other market dynamics to the Sales manager and the
• Contribute in the process to define and implement the overall sales and
Skills and experience:
• A minimum of 5 years of sales and business development experience in the
laser or laser system for material processing applications
• Ability to quickly learn and understand company products and accessories.
• Excellent communication skills and customer care champion
• Teamwork and detailed oriented.
• Proven “people” skills.
• Ability to think “outside the box”.
• A sense of urgency, and a desire to close the business on time. Eager to
• A service-oriented attitude towards internal and external customers.
• Experienced with salesforce.com and comprehensive yet efficient reporting
The Photonics Group