|Technology Solutions is seeking a Senior Principle Research Scientist to develop and mature advanced RF photonic integrated circuits. The ideal candidate will lead new architectures development, component designs, and fabrication processes. The candidate’s concepts will enable real-time/near real-time embedded systems, and implement a new generation of system prototypes beyond 20 GHz, transitioning them into advanced military capabilities. |
The work environment is fast-paced and presents many technical challenges as well as significant growth opportunities.
Successful technical contributors will be comfortable working in multidisciplinary teams, present ongoing program work to customers as well as proposing concepts for new projects. Assignments will require excellent problem solving abilities, hands-on leadership and systems-level thinking. Qualified candidates will also possess in depth knowledge of system architectures, hardware, and state of the art in emerging component technologies. Past experience with DARPA and other military R&D agencies is a plus. This position may require travel up to 10% of the time to support customer development and system reviews at the employer’s discretion.
As a Senior Principle Scientist in BAE Systems Technology Solutions (TS) in the Sensor Technologies Directorate, you will participate in the complete hardware development lifecycle. This directorate is responsible for turning next generation defense research and technology into real-time solutions for prototype systems. These systems are often tested at live ground and flight exercises in preparation for deployment on operational platforms.
- Photonics Integrated circuit development with exposure to RF systems
- Modeling of optical and non-linear optical components to achieve performance goals
- Technical depth and demonstrated experience in photonic chip design and fabrication.
- Motivated, team-oriented individual with strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills including writing and presentation skills
|Preferred Education: |
- PhD with a minimum of 8 plus years or more experience in photonic integrated circuits and related scientific fields.
- Advanced degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering or Materials Science
- Millimeter wave (mmW) photonic integrated circuit design and test
- Millimeter wave (mmW) photonic circuit requirements analysis and architecture development
- Experience with optical-RF components operating in the mmW band (30 to 100 GHz) such as Mach-Zender modulators, mixers, amplifiers, detectors and related devices
- System integration including interface definition, system configuration, and contributing to system integration
- Knowledge of optical photonic materials including heterogeneous semiconductor and non-linear optical materials
- MatLab, COMSOL, or similar multi-physics modeling tools
- Customer interactions, especially candidates with a DARPA win track record
- Secret Clearance
View all BAE Systems opportunities
| Send this job to a friend
Apply Here: http://jobview.monster.com/RF-Photonic-Scientist-Job-Merrimack-NH-US-184365556.aspx