The precision assembly technician role is responsible for aligning and assembling high resolution lens systems. The position requires experience, or the ability and desire to learn, precision alignment techniques. Dedication to detail and the ability to work with extremely tight mechanical and optical tolerances is a must. The individual will ensure timely completions of production orders to schedule. The product delivered should be free of workmanship defects and fully tested and verified by the production technician to meet documented specifications. In addition the individual should consistently look for opportunities to improve production processes through providing feedback to engineering.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Assembly and testing of precision lens assemblies
- Delivery of product on time to production schedule
- Consistently look for opportunities to improve processes
- Occasionally support evaluation of new product introduction processes
- Ensure delivery defect free product
- Effectively communicate any supply chain issues that are effecting production
- Ensure all production areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure proper maintenance of production equipment is kept up to date
- Occasionally support any other areas of the business as needed
- Produce detailed documentation on product failures and returns
· Experience with precision assembly and manufacture.
· Experience with optical systems and lenses preferred.
· Experience using precision measurement devices such as micrometers, calipers and dial indicators.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.