Manufacturing Engineering Laser Technician L-3 Communications
The successful candidate will provide advanced day-to-day technical support for the assembly, alignment, and test of complex optical systems, components, and solid-state lasers within a fast paced manufacturing environment. Specific responsibilities include:|
- Build and align laser resonators / amplifiers, and complex optical components.
- Perform characterization and formal testing of laser systems.
- Calibrate, maintain, and assemble optical test and production equipment.
- Troubleshoot product performance issues to resolution.
- Work with inspection and vendors to assure component specification compliance.
- Support engineering to production transition efforts for new products.
- Generate assembly process flows and work instructions.
- Train production staff as required.
L3 Insight Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
- A.S. or equivalent in laser, optics, photonics, or electronics technology.
- Hands on experience with assembly and test of solid state laser resonators and complex optical systems.
- Working knowledge of laser laboratory equipment including oscilloscopes, optical power meters, laser beam analyzers, laser drive electronics, and autocollimators.
- General understanding of geometrical optics, laser design, and laser safety.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Clean room experience is preferred.
- Experience in cleaning and bonding of optical components is preferred
US Security Clearance Required
Day – 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Division – Insight-21000010
At L-3, success is defined by our ability to meet our customers’ needs. That’s why every part of our business is focused on quick and agile…
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Manufacturing+Engineering+Laser+Technician&c=L-+Communications&l=Londonderry,+NH&jk=0216e12aea6a210e