BaySpec, Inc., founded in 1999 with 100% manufacturing in the USA (San Jose, California), is a vertically integrated spectral sensing company. The company designs, manufactures and markets advanced spectral instruments, including UV-VIS-NIR-SWIR spectrometers, benchtop and portable NIR/SWIR and Raman analyzers, confocal Raman microscopes, hyperspectral imagers, mass spectrometers, and OEM spectral engines and components, for the R&D, biomedical, pharmaceuticals, chemical, food, semiconductor, health monitoring, human & animal medical devices, and the optical telecommunications industries.
BaySpec, Inc., a San Jose, California based spectral instrumentation power house, a small but growing company is seeking an experienced optical engineer. While our customer base already spans from the traditional areas of optical telecommunication and NIR spectroscopy, we are changing and revolutionizing the ways of absorption/reflection, fluorescence, Raman, hyperspectral imaging, handheld and OCT spectroscopic instruments are applied. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to deeply explore commercial applications of miniaturized hyperspectral devices. We are seeking an experienced optical engineer to join for developing, testing, and manufacturing company’s advanced, miniaturized hyperspectral imagers. The following position is available:
- Optical, mechanical support the development and production of hyperspectral imaging systems and technologies in a wide range of applications.
- Manufacturing and developing, refining developing optical, spectroscopic, opto-mechanical structures for company’s various hyperspectral imagers
- Participate R&D efforts; Responsible for some of the optical design, alignment, testing, from prototyping to production;
- Performing basic optical calculations and simulations in conjunction with optical design to verify the design meets the specification
- Communicating with vendors to solve any problem encountered during developing and manufacturing of the optical parts
- Will also be assigned some manufacturing tasks in helping on any optical engineering need in the production line
- has very broad optical engineering skill set, including optics, hyperspectral, multi band spectral imaging, opto-mechanics optical systems, some basic electrical knowledge
- Strong work experiences in optical design, optical alignment optical testing, free space optics, grating based optical devices, spectrographs, various spectrometer design, stray light analysis, optical design software proficiency
- Experiences in optical alignment for applications of spectrographs, imagers, CCDs, detector arrays, opto-electrical instrumentation.
- Knowledge of free space optics. Working knowledge of UV/Vis/NIR/SWIR optical systems and design principles/trades offs
- Characterization of imaging systems including radiometric and spectral characterization, image quality, performance metrics, etc., including test station design
- Familiar with optical design software packages, such as ZEMAX, or Code5, familiar with Solidworks, etc. not required but a plus
- Good communications skills in English, both oral and written, technical presentation skills a plus The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of in-depth and hands-on experience with optical engineering field
- Desired candidates shall have BS-EE/Optics/Physics, MS-EE/ME/Physics 3–5 years of experience; PhD or equivalent, with minimum 2 years of industrial work experience
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5370986