Summary: This position is for an Application Engineer to be part of a growing R&D team that designs and develops optical imaging sensors and camera systems. This position will be a key member of the imaging technology R&D group.
POSITION: Applications Engineer
LOCATION: northern California (San Jose area)
COMPANY INFORMATION: This position will work with a company that develops imaging and sensor products, including Optical Sensors, CMOS Sensors, Imaging Systems, and Camera Systems.
POSITION BRIEF: Applications Engineer to be part of an R&D team in the design, development, and marketing of technology and products based on imaging sensors and systems.
· The position will be a key member of a small R&D team.
· This position is the key engineering liaison between Business Development and the Customer.
· The Applications Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support in the design, development, and operation of products for the customer.
· The Applications Engineer will also be responsible for providing technical support to business development to help meet the needs of current customers and help generate new business.
· The Applications Engineer will also assist in providing technical ideas to engineering to help meet the needs of the customer and to generate new products.
· This position will perform applications engineering roles on programs for the development of imaging and sensor technology.
· This position will be involved on customer interaction end-to-end – from proposal and design, through prototype development and analysis, through product development and manufacturing, and to product operation and product enhancement.
· This position will work with a small, multi-disciplined, highly energetic, and technically ambitious team.
· This position will develop cutting edge, highly advanced, high-precision optical and electro-optical imaging technology.
· This position will also be involved and responsible for helping the company develop new concepts, new technology, and new products.
· This individual must have a strong technical knowledge and hands-on technical experience in the development of optical systems and imaging systems. Specific technology and product experience must be in one or more of the following: Electro-Optical Systems, Imaging Systems, Sensor Systems, Micro-Optical Systems, Embedded Systems, Cameras, or other similar optical and imaging technologies.
· Candidates for this position must have some industry experience developing new technology, prototypes, and products.
· Candidates for this position must have some industry experience in Applications Engineering.
· Candidates for this position must have a BS or MS or PhD degree in Engineering.
TO APPLY: Please forward a resume (Word version preferred) to: [email protected]
RECRUITER INFORMATION: The Electro-Optics Group is a division of the recruiting firm, The Photonics Group, which recruits engineers nationwide for companies that design and manufacture optical, electro-optic, laser, and imaging systems. Recruiter contact information is: [email protected]