Sr Electrical Engineer I Raytheon Canada
Sr. Electrical Engineer I: Microwave Engineer|
We have an opportunity for an electrical engineer who is seeking to utilize their strong academic background and experience in RF/Microwave system theory and design, including architectures, subsystems, components and Active Electronically Steered Antennas (AESAs). The successful candidate will employ their working knowledge of Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) and analytical skills in electromagnetic and microwave theory. Responsibilities include design and hands-on testing of microwave components, cards and systems plus providing technical support to production activities.
Team leadership skills including cost and schedule management plus proposal writing and presentation experience are desired.
Some travel to integration sites, plus customer and subcontractor facilities, may be required.
- Microwave/RF system, subsystem and component analysis, design and test
- Hands-on experience with electromagnetic simulation tools such as HFSS, ADS, CST, Mentor Graphics’ Xpedition and analytical tools such as Matlab
- Background designing and testing analog CCAs, including frequency conversion, automatic gain control, amplifier design and analog filter design
- Experience in electrical interconnects and transmission line design
- Understanding of EMI analysis and mitigation techniques
- Propensity for learning through self-study, and being comfortable in a multi-tasking environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of allocating and flowing down requirements from the system to the component level
- Knowledge of cost estimating, plus budget and schedule management
- Experience in a production environment
- Strong academic background that includes courses in: Microwave Engineering, Microwave Systems, Electromagnetic Theory and Radar Systems
- Strong hands on experience with microwave testing techniques, including using spectrum analyzers, Real-time Spectrum Analyzers (RSAs), Vector Network Analyzers (VNAs) and Performance Network Analyzer (PNAs)
- Experience in technical writing, proposal writing, and oral presentations
- Existing Secret clearance or ability to obtain a Secret clearance with interim clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering plus minimum of 4 years direct experience OR
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering plus minimum of 2 years direct experience OR
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering
Bring your talent and skills to the following Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) group:
Electrical Design Directorate (EDD):
EDD provides engineering design, integration and production to core radar and combat system competencies (process and control, integration and test, power systems, receivers and exciters, antennas and microwave subassemblies).
EDD has responsibility for the following areas:
- Phased Array Radar design – RF/microwave antenna design
- Power and Electronic systems design
- Receiver & Exciter Design – REX System Analysis, Exciter Design, Receiver Design,
- Low Noise Sources, Simulation and Modeling, Metrology, Integration and Test
- Mixed Signal Design – Receiver A/D Converters, Direct Digital Converters, Receiver D/A
- Converters, Digital Waveform Generators, Mixed Signal CCAs, Mixed Signal Modules and Subsystems
- Digital Hardware – Subsystem/Module Digital Circuits, FPGA/ASICs, Beam Steering, Mixed Process/Photonics/Sensors, COTS systems, COTS interfaces, Subsystem Development, VME/PCI
- Digital Systems – System Trades, Architecture, Embedded Processing
- Software Design – Real-time Signal Processing, Beam Steering, Embedded Software
- Photonics Design – Fiber Optic Communication, Optical Control
Within EDD, the Antenna and Microwave Department has responsibility for the following:
- Antenna Systems – Antenna System Analysis, Array Analysis, Electromagnetic Analysis, Array Calibration and BITE, Signal Level Analysis, Assembly, Integration and Test
- Antenna/Microwave Subsystems – Phased Array Subsystems, High Power Subsystems, Antenna Subsystems, Signal Level Analysis, Subsystem Integration and Test
- RF/Microwave Design – Simulation and Layout, Passive Circuits, Amplifiers, Ferrites, Component Test, Material Characterization
- Antenna Design – Radiating Elements, Reflectors, Feedhorns, Radomes/Frequency Selective Surfaces, Simulation and Layout, Antenna Test
Members of the Antenna and Microwave Department hold key roles in all of Raytheon IDS’s programs.
An example of work performed in this department is phased array antenna design – and the analysis of array performance, including time side lobes, noise figure, noise floor, and other parameters. This work requires an engineer familiar with the use of numerical modeling techniques and tools to determine the impact of array performance on radar or communication system performance.
Working in this department involves close cooperation and communication with other engineering disciplines including systems, mechanical and software.
Engineers in this department also follow their designs into production supporting manufacturing operations and system integration and test functions. Teamwork, trust and accurate results are essential to the success of working in this department within the EDD.
Other examples of work performed within the Antenna and Microwave Department includes: Design of Radio Frequency, Microwave and Millimeter Wave circuits, components or modules for use in radar or communication systems and measurement of subsystems using antenna test techniques, equipment and facilities.
Keywords: microwave, RF, radars, HFSS, ADS, CST, Matlab, Mentor Graphics
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Senior-Electrical-Engineer-at-Raytheon-Canada-in-Marlborough,-MA-d89737696459b8d8