Optical Package Development Lead Intel
Santa Clara, CA
Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for an Optical Package Development Lead/Manager position and that this position may not be available at this time.
Intel Data Center Group DCG – Silicon Photonics Solution Division SPPD – is looking for an optical package design engineer in R&D design team. This is a unique opportunity to join a group at the cusp of bleeding edge product and technology development with lots of growth and exciting opportunities.
The primary job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead or support as a part of team in developing packaging design for state of the art Silicon Photonics SiPh devices and assemblies, with emphasis on optoelectronic and microelectronic component and sub-systems
- Drive or lead photonics package design and technology selection. Assess and mitigate risks associated with the product designs
- Partner with stakeholders to identify new suppliers for design, develop and manage existing suppliers
- Interacting with suppliers and optimize designs based on supplier’s processes and capabilities
- Working with cross-functional groups to determine photonics package requirements. Design from concept to volume production to meet the electrical, optical, mechanical, thermal, and reliability requirements
- Perform tolerance analysis of opto-mechanical components and subassemblies
- Drive thermal and mechanical Finite Element Analysis FEA of packages and subassemblies, to determine temperature profiles, power dissipation and mechanical stress/deformation over temperature and their effects on optical coupling
- Lead and drive development of optical alignment system and test method to validate the design.
- Generating opto-mechanical component specifications for product and tooling
Minimum Qualifications :
- Master’s degree in physics, EE or related engineering field and 6+ years or PhD & 4+ years of experience in the photonics or semiconductor or related industry
- Prior optical packaging design and development experience in high volume product environment for active device with SM fiber pigtails
- Detail oriented problem solver, sense of urgency and commitment to achieve targeted goals.
- Proven track record in product design and development cycle from initial conceptual design to high volume production
- Hands-on experience and knowledge with optoelectronic and microelectronic packaging: micro-optics assembly, fiber coupling design and development, epoxies, laser welding, die-attach, wirebond, leadframe etc.
- Working knowledge with optical alignment and optical system testing
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skill.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and deliver against a schedule.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience in FEA structural analysis and knowledgeable on modeling tools such as Abaqus or ANSYS is a plus.
- Experience and knowledgeable with optical simulation and tools, such as Zemax is a plus
- Experience in product thermal design. Proficient in ICEPAK and/or FLOTHERM CFD modeling tools is a plus.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for over 45 years…
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Optical-Package-Development-Lead-at-Intel-in-Santa-Clara,-CA-56f66d6dde663a67