Materials Scientist Magic Leap, Inc.
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Scientist will work in the Advanced Photonics group and will help to develop novel nanophotonic elements and devices to enable the next-generation of our Mixed Reality experience. She/He will play a key role in the development of innovative materials, coatings, and micro/nanofabrication processes for adaptation in photonic devices. This position requires extensive work in a clean-room environment. She/He will work closely with many different cross-functional teams including Design, Manufacturing, and Reliability. Additionally, this Engineer will be responsible for finding/developing new technologies to be implemented in our next generation devices.
Required Experience Includes:
- Micro and Nanofabrication Processes
- Coating/thin film deposition technologies
- Molding technologies
- Materials Characterization
- Polymer Science
- Ability to work well under pressure and aggressive deadlines.
- Proven ability to effectively work as a member of a team.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to establish strong working relationships across the organization as well as data driven and capable of developing and executing engineering test plans and capturing a robust set of data.
- Must be articulate and capable of producing reports and presentations that concisely address the matters assigned.
- Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, a closely related field of concentration. (preferred)
- Master’s Degree plus 5 years in job offered or related occupation is also preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization,…
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Material-Scientist-at-Magic-Leap-in-Austin,-TX-d9398dfd1e4c11de