SR Optical Scientist General Atomics and Affiliated Companies
San Diego, CA
Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Job ID#: 12316BR|
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: SR Optical Scientist
Job Category: Scientists
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr Optical Scientist to join our Mission Systems group here in San Diego.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing advanced optical systems for a variety of applications, primarily in the defense arena.
- Supports or initiates the planning of optical design and analysis projects and works with other scientists in the design phase to develop innovative designs or modifications in order to meet project goals.
- Performing phenomenological and system level modeling, with corresponding system development contributions and data analysis.
- Documents findings, communicates results to engineering staff, makes technical presentations, and may represent the organization as the prime technical contact on small contracts or single component projects.
- Provides direction to technical staff and may lead a team of moderately experienced professional staff.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree, Masters degree or PhD in scientific or related technical field and progressively complex scientific experience as follows; four or more years experience with a Bachelors degree and two or more years experience with a Masters degree.
- Proficiency in MATLAB or equivalent language is required.
- Experience with microwave photonics, image analysis, and machine learning is preferred.
- Experience with a broad range of sensors and laser systems is preferred.
- Ability to obtain or maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
Travel Percentage Required
0% – 25%
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Senior-Optical-Scientist-at-General-Atomics-and-Affiliated-Companies-in-San-Diego,-CA-925e09085cd3ba0e