B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. –
Job Title: Marketing Associate|
Reports to: President
We provide advanced photonics solutions and other specialty technology for US and international Special Operations Forces and Combat Arms elements that are forward in the fight.
B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. is an ISO 9001:2008-certified developer, manufacturer, and systems integrator of optoelectronic and related products used in defense and law enforcement applications. The company’s core competencies include turnkey laser targeting and illumination systems, night-vision devices, long range surveillance, and other integrated laser systems. We are proud of our reputation as a technology leader in delivering solutions that are proven to meet the demanding performance requirements of extreme environments and combat conditions. Since our origin in 1974, we have been dedicated to providing the highest quality of products, services and support to our customers. B.E. Meyers is a privately-owned and operated small business located in Redmond, WA.
Fit is everything. We are a unique company and we are looking for a Marketing Associate who is as excited about our mission as we are. The “right” candidate will work with our small but dynamic team as we continue to develop our marketing communication efforts. Guided by the President’s vision, the successful candidate will join our Marketing Department to help lead us in full-spectrum marketing operations. These efforts will primarily include marketing communication projects such as trade show and special events media development, graphics presentation, Social Media and website management, industry partner support, and select outbound marketing communications. This is an exciting opportunity for someone equally at ease in the office as much as they are on the shooting range. We’re looking for sharp, agile, and passionate individuals who are excited to explore more about this unique marketing arena.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: Responsible for the daily operations activities of the Marketing Section Assists in creating and developing both brand and communication strategies; and to ensure messaging is consistent with overall marketing and communication objectives Responsible for implementing focused messaging in support of public relations programs, online events, and trade show product activities Develops presentation and proposal material including marketing/communication literature and collateral (trade show graphics, literature, giveaways)
- Development of key messages for all audiences to communicate our core brand identity
- Coordinates involvement in community organizations and events As required, assists in providing reports to the President and other senior executives. Will include but not be limited to reporting on the status of prioritized marketing and communication activities Development of promotional material and implementation of promotional plan for trade shows and conferences Arrange preparatory meetings for seminar events and trade shows Supports trade shows, conferences and product field demonstrations as necessary Assists in the development and maintenance of the marketing database, to include client and prospective information. This is in concert with, but separate from any Customer Relationship Management system Assists in the development of promotional strategies and product development Travels to trade shows or other events may be required as part of this position Assists with monthly Company Sensitive Items Inventory as necessary. Assists with monthly Marketing Physical Property Inventory as necessary. Contributes to the total effectiveness of the department, communicating openly, solving problems proactively, offering creative ideas and working as a positive, engaged team member Maintains trade-show equipment and the marketing cage Other duties as assigned
- MUST LOVE GUNS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in marketing or a technical field or 2 years of experience in marketing or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures
- Familiarity with firearms required
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS Occasional travel is required for tradeshows and on-site photo/video projects. Tradeshows may be domestic and international, project travel will likely be in the Pacific Northwest with (hopefully) reasonable notice A valid driver’s license and personal transportation are required
COMPUTER SKILLS Microsoft Office Suite software including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint Any Adobe Creative Suite experience is a big plus (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Must be able to communicate in English. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Effectively present ideas’both verbally and visually Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the incumbent to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally and regularly requires walking, sitting, talking, and using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls and repeat the same movements. The employee may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. This position requires the use of computers and keyboards for an extended period of time.
Specific vision abilities required by this job are close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Working on location may require long hours, sometimes overnight. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, transporting equipment, such as video and camera equipment, as well as weapons, ammunition and product.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
T his job primarily operates in a clerical, office setting, however there are times when the job will require offsite travel, for example to photo shoots, gun ranges, tradeshows, and other destinations as required to fulfill the role.
While in an office setting, this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, digital camera and fax machines .
You may find yourself working at a gun range, or on an abandoned ship, or at a ranch in eastern Washington or somewhere we just haven’t thought of yet. Each location comes with its own challenges and you must be prepared to work under various environmental conditions. Conditions may include, but are not limited to: rain, snow, mud, dust, direct sun, arid desert environments, working at night, and hours of limited visibility using night vision equipment.
We accept applications using our online process only, visit us at: https://bemeyers.applicantpro.com/jobs/574255-22261.html
This position may require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Visit our website at www. bemeyers.com
B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– original job
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc..
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Marketing-Associate-at-B.E.-Meyers-&-in-Redmond,-WA-e667a44e97a24603