Montana Instruments Corporation designs and manufactures high precision, highly integrated electrical, optical, and mechanical systems for the material science and nanotechnology research industry. Our flagship product, the Cryostation, is a highly stable closed cycle optical cryostat. Montana Instruments is dedicated to building a team that understands the needs of the next generation of researchers worldwide with the skills to develop innovative product solutions to serve those needs. Montana Instruments offers excellent health benefits, including dental and vision, as well as a generous profit sharing plan. We are located in beautiful Bozeman, Montana, home to Montana State University and tremendous outdoor recreation opportunities such as skiing, hiking, camping, biking, hunting, and fishing.
Montana Instruments, a growing high-tech company in Bozeman, Montana, is seeking a Market Development Scientist to join our Technical Sales Team. This position is ideal for an academic or industry professional with an experimental science background in Physics or Chemistry. Responsibilities will include identifying and evaluating potential market opportunities and working with our international distribution network and customers to develop global markets. The scientist will lead market and competitive intelligence efforts, utilizing a broad-based applications background to assist internal business development and R&D teams in locating opportunities, understanding emerging technologies, and communicating technical product information.
Candidates should possess an understanding of a broad set of research applications and global science trends, show interest in helping solve challenging research problems, and enjoy high levels of customer interaction. Position requires travel to universities, labs, and trade shows domestically and internationally (25% travel estimated).
Montana Instruments has an engaging and empowering team culture focused on innovating to solve real world problems. Montana Instruments relies on the effectiveness of each team member, so a successful candidate must demonstrate a high technical aptitude.
- Masters of Science or Doctorate in Physics, Chemistry, or Engineering
- 3-5 yrs. Experience in a technical sales role or equivalent position preferred
- Experience with experimental research and research instrumentation, preferably at low temperatures
- Passion for learning emerging physics, materials chemistry & nanophotonics research methods
- Background in optics is a plus
- Ability to work with a diverse range of individuals, including both students & professors
- Willingness to initiate conversations with new opportunities
- Attention to detail during system design discussions and documentation processes
- Motivation to work with international representatives and customers across cultures
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5370980