Founded in 1989, Thorlabs has been serving the photonics industry for over 25 years. During that time, our worldwide presence has grown to include 15 offices in 9 countries with over 1500 employees. Each location provides a local presence within the community it serves. These local operations allow for customer dialogues that better inform our understanding of regional needs and how they fit within the worldwide picture. Today, our portfolio includes over 15,000 items, many of which are customer inspired.
Founded in Newton, NJ, the company still calls the town home today. Nestled in rural Sussex County, NJ, Thorlabs is within close proximity to New York City, the Delaware Water Gap, various lakes, state parks, and outdoor areas.
Thorlabs is privileged to play a role in the work of tens of thousands of researchers throughout the world through the products we provide. We are committed to building a company that achieves its competitive advantage from its fundamental understanding of the community of customers we serve.
The Wafer Fabrication Equipment Engineering Lead is responsible for acquisition, operation, and maintenance of all FAB equipment, including both Semiconductor FAB. Further, this position will support facility design and commissioning tasks related to equipment installation and commissioning projects.
The individual will manage a small multi-disciplined team which supports that effort. This is a player/coach role in which the individual will split time managing the group while also having responsibility for individual project(s) execution.
Knowledge and Skills
- Significant knowledge of and experience with repair and maintenance of Vacuum Systems (CVD, PECVD, Etch) used in semiconductor FAB
- Through understanding of semiconductor wafer fab processes and techniques
- Knowledge of Epitaxial Equipment (MOCVD and MBE) installation, operation, and maintenance
- Capital equipment budgeting, planning, acquisition, and installation into production line environment.
- Experience with toxic gas systems and clean room operation.
- Minimum 10 year’s experience in semiconductor equipment design and/or operation/maintenance.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Physics required, Masters Degree preferred.
- Preferred 3 year’s experience in managing fab equipment engineering team.
- Ability to work in Clean Room Environment.
- Ability to lift 25lb loads
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Hands-on experience in the photonics industry, laser or physics lab is a plus.
- Experience with clean room HVAC maintenance a plus.
- Experience using Solidworks and Labview tools is a plus.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5370978