What You’ll Do
As an Optical Product Engineer, you will manage optical sub-components, optical sub-assemblies and optic modules; specifically focusing on product quality, yields, cost, and FMA improvments.
In this role you will work in a fast-paced work environment that develops and deploys optical chip and module assembly products and infrastructure for full-scale production. Responsibilities include but not limited to the following;
* Work with a team of scientists, NPI engineers, and sustaining engineers to enable new technologies and improve existing technologies in production.
* Perform Design of Experiments to characterize, validate, and optimize prototype and production designs.
* Influence designs to scale… work with designers and process engineers to improve designs and optimize quality, yields, and processes.
* Use sound engineering practice and modeling techniques.
* Provide technical expertise and support during development and production runs of new key products and processes.
* Provide technical training to cross functional engineering teams and contract manufacturer engineers.
You will be directly supporting the Product Engineering team with a heavy focus on optics, silicon photonics, and product functionality in order to significantly improve product quality, yields, and reduce costs.
Who You Are
Are you a strong leader with a practical approach and have a hands-on, high energy, can-do attitude with a collaborative style?
Welcome to our team! / Required Skills
You have an MS/PhD degree in electrical engineering, photonics, physics or equivalent educational background with 15+ years working experience on optical transceiver design and development.
You are experienced in test and assembly, electro-optical and opto-mechanical design trade-offs in high speed communication devices, and have a thorough understanding of Silicon Photonics domain knowledge, Laser Physics and Design.
Using DFM, DOE, FMEA, and problem solving skills are your forte and you master the use of Statistical Tools and Software such as JMP and Mini Tab.
You have demonstrated record of failure analysis, yield, quality, and cycle time improvement and the ability to work with and drive global cross-functional groups and external partners.
Your strong communication and your influencing skills combined with the ability to lead, listen and be perceptive of others will be a strong asset for this role.