Newport, now part of MKS Instruments, is the world’s largest photonics company providing innovative solutions and industry-leading product brands to multiple markets. Our combined product portfolio includes Corion®, ILX Lightwave™, New Focus™, Ophir, Oriel® Instruments, Richardson Gratings™, and Spectra-Physics® Lasers. We provide complete photonic solutions to make, manage and measure light.
The position needed for motion business development with growing expertise for products/technologies, markets and application understanding. The position needs experimented application engineer, suitable experiences in motion control, complex and accurate system.
Working in conjunction with the Sales team as the key technical application engineer, candidate must communicate with customer to identify and provide adapted motion solutions to assure his satisfaction. Must collaborate with the R&D team to consolidate technical solutions, cost and time frame. He/she is responsible for technical input and pricing definition for Quotation.
Candidate will integrate the Motion Application group, he/she will be located in Irvine California, working on a regular base with collegues in France and Asia and visiting worldwide customers. He/she could collaborate with Application Engineer of the Laser BU and various MKS BU.
Candidate will participate to road map of the motion system by evaluating the application needs, competitors’ offering and our missing capabilities.
- Expert in Motion control and fast learning of our technical solution portfolio
- Support Field Sales in the “hunting process”, link with our documented applications
- Customer direct contact for his application discover, understanding of key motion specification and presentation of our capabilities.
- Engineer skills to communicate with R&D experts in mechanical, electronic, control and metrology
- Ability to consolidate cost and time frame with R&D team (custom design) or via SAP data base (standard)
- Technical input and pricing definition for quotation, responsible of Product margin
- Link between Field Sales and Factory to ensure smooth project launching.
- Maintain accurate record on Win/Loss business to formalize our differentiaror or missing capabilities
- Identify new product needs and provide input to the product roadmap.
- For new applications, provide input to Marketing team to develop Application specific promotion material.
- Frequent travels in US and international travels to Asia (3-5 customer visits ) and factory in France (2-3)
- A minimum of Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree or similar
- 5 years experiences
- Working knowledges in mechanic, electrical, motion control, metrology
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
Req. Code : 70003055
Division/Department : Photonix
Apply Here: http://jobview.monster.com/Sr-Application-Engineer-Job-Irvine-CA-US-183703088.aspx