Founded in 1989, Thorlabs has been serving the photonics industry for over 25 years. During that time, our worldwide presence has grown to include 15 offices in 9 countries with over 1500 employees. Each location provides a local presence within the community it serves. These local operations allow for customer dialogues that better inform our understanding of regional needs and how they fit within the worldwide picture. Today, our portfolio includes over 15,000 items, many of which are customer inspired.
Founded in Newton, NJ, the company still calls the town home today. Nestled in rural Sussex County, NJ, Thorlabs is within close proximity to New York City, the Delaware Water Gap, various lakes, state parks, and outdoor areas.
Thorlabs is privileged to play a role in the work of tens of thousands of researchers throughout the world through the products we provide. We are committed to building a company that achieves its competitive advantage from its fundamental understanding of the community of customers we serve.
Thorlabs is currently seeking applications from experimental scientists with a degree in biophysics, biomedical optics, biomedical engineering, biomechanical engineering, or a related field to develop the technical content describing Thorlabs’ imaging systems, microscopes, and components as well as detail their applications.
The successful candidate will join a team of highly motivated individuals who have built an industry-leading online resource for our customers and participate in defining and developing Thorlabs’ next generation of products and services. In support of that mission, he or she should have experience building imaging systems from the ground up, be highly familiar with a wide range of imaging techniques, be able to see linkages between Thorlabs’ product lines, and be able to make recommendations for improvements to our product offering and web functionality. In addition to extensive laboratory experience, the candidate should also have strong writing and presentation skills in English, excellent organizational skills, the ability to work under time constraints, and a desire to learn about new technologies.
Technical writing scientists partner with graphic artists to create marketing collateral. Original product content is written based on information from application specialists, product managers, R&D engineers, and key customers as well as knowledge gained from using similar products in the field. Hence, this position requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
The Life Science Technical Marketing position is located in Newton, NJ, although travel to Sterling, VA to work with our Imaging Systems team will be required a few times per year. Interested candidates should apply online at www.thorlabs.com/careers.
- Works closely with key technical contacts to learn about advanced and cutting edge imaging techniques and produces collateral to describe those techniques and guide customers in preforming them
- Oversees the creation of web content to support new product introduction
- Builds application images or tradeshow demonstrations that help customers understand how products are utilized within a lab environment
- Proposes and implement plans for website reorganization and improvements
- Develops and implements search engine optimization projects for various product lines
- Partners with the graphics staff to create product videos and animations
- Develops effective content for use at Trade Shows or other purposes
- Participates in defining new products and/or product enhancements
- Identifies or invents new web tools and features that expand the resourcefulness of our website for our customers
- Bachelors or Advanced degree in Biophysics, Biomedical Optics, Biomedical Engineering, Biomechanical Engineering, or a Related Field
- Native Language Writing Skills in English
- Extensive Laboratory Experience
- Strong Organizational and Planning Skills
- Ability to Multitask, Be Detail Oriented, and to Solve Problems, All While Under Tight Time Constraints
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5370970