Software QA Lead Engineer
Rebellion Photonics, Inc. –
Description: Rebellion Photonics is an advanced optics company that is commercializing an innovative hyperspectral imaging gas detection solutions for the petro-chemical and oil & gas industries.
We are currently in search of experienced Quality Assurance Engineers (QA) for testing of video processing applications for hyperspectral imager at the user and code levels. The candidate is going to be a part of a team working both manually and with automated tools. The successful candidate will be able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and coming up with the test cases, contributing to code level Unit tests, and reporting.
We need people who can think on their own and see software as part of the entire product. Creativity, independent thinking, and vision are required. Rebellion Photonics offers interesting work, dynamic, friendly, and informal environment with excellent prospects to grow with the company.
- Own SQA and Test activities and deliverables for multiple scrum teams.
- Work in an agile environment with software developers, Product Managers, and UX/UI Design team to develop and execute test cases for specific feature areas to ensure deadlines highest quality of product and meeting the deadlines.
- Participate in development of product’s testing strategy.
- Participation in design and code inspections.
- testing on multiple or cross platform environments (Ubuntu, Windows, Redhat)
- API level testing
- Perform manual testing and identify tests that can be automated
- Analyze test logs; create test reports, co-ordinate with stakeholders
- Writing the required Documentation and Testing Processes such as defects reports, release status, and performance baselines
- Monitor, and enforce all processes and Organizational testing standards
- Interact with all levels and functions within the organization
- Ensure defects and identified customer incidents are prioritized and dealt with, and that any new versions of software are released in a controlled and timely manner
- BS or better degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 5+ years of experience in Software test and Software Quality Assurance (QA)
- 2+ years of experience in QA leadership, prioritization, allocation and planning
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Strong experience testing distributed applications
- Networking experience
- Experience working with Ubuntu, Windows, and Redhat
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
- Experience with Manual, API, Data, Performance, Regression, Functional, and Automated testing
- Experience in C++/Python based automation
- Knowledge in Testing tools like JIRA, Selenium, and various scripting tools
- Excellent communication skills, experience working remotely
- Must be a US Citizen or a Green Card holder.
- High standard of written work
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Team leadership
- Good work ethics, positive attitude, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
- Focused on delivery
- Self-starter, self-initiated learner
- Must be able to work in a team environment
This is NOT an entry level position.
Rebellion Photonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers experience based competitive salary and medical benefits.
No calls or agencies, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- QA leadership, prioritization, allocation and planning: 2 years
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Rebellion Photonics, Inc..
Rebellion Photonics is an innovative award-winning company that is a leader in providing spectral imaging solutions. The Gas Cloud Imager,…
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Software-QA-Lead-Engineer-at-Rebellion-Photonics-in-Houston,-TX-f9151a0be1328637