R&D Project Manager
Rebellion Photonics, Inc. –
Houston, TX 77002
R&D Project Manager
Description: Rebellion Photonics is an advanced optics company that is commercializing an innovative hyperspectral imaging gas detection solutions for the petrochemical and oil & gas industries.
We are currently in search of (R&D) Research and Development Project Manager who will monitor projects from start to finish. The candidate is going to be a part of a R&D team managing the embedded development/firmware piece, new hardware development of multiple R&D projects.
The successful candidate will be able to understand how to manage, lead, and coordinate the activities of the R&D Team by supporting the development and delivery of new products or upgrading existing products following budget and deadlines. Must be able to work independently, under-pressure, and be adept at multi-tasking. A high sense of urgency, attention to detail, and result oriented is required.
- Manage projects from concept creation through product development and into release to the market.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary product development team to develop, evaluate, document, and introduce new products or enhancements
- Coordinate and verify work of project team to ensure quality and on-budget ideas and concept through development
- Identifying when and where internal/external resources are needed for Engineering projects
- manage requirements for development team and breakdown requirements into tasks
- Schedule and lead daily meetings to manage delegated development tasks
- facilitate technical problem resolution
- Plan milestones and target deadlines for the projects.
- Manage dependencies and resource requirements.
- Communicate with Sales, Customers, Operations, Quality Assurance, and other Stakeholders directly regarding project activities, design, specifications, and manufacturing issues.
- Communicate progress to line management and R&D project team.
- Represent R&D in management project reviews.
- Ensure accurate technical and process specifications are completed as projects move toward commercialization
- Provide feedback on performance of team members.
- Identify project related training needs of team.
- Provide technical support to customers, and other departments as needed.
- Suggest and implement process and departmental improvements.
- BS or better degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Electrical Engineering, or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 3-5 years of experience as a Project Manager.
- Strong understanding of firmware/embedded development process, hardware product development
- Strong project management skills supporting technical customers
- Works well when under time pressure and delivery constraints
- Leadership qualities including the soft skills needed to build collaboration and cross functional teamwork across the organization
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Project budgeting and financial impact experience
- Experience in managing technical challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to details and multitasking.
- Demonstrated passion for excellence and continuous improvement
- Must be a US Citizen or a Green Card holder.
- PMP Certification or equivalent
- High standard of written work
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Good work ethics, positive attitude, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
- Focused on delivery
- Self-starter, self-initiated learner
- Must be able to work in a team environment
This is NOT an entry level position.
Rebellion Photonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers experience based competitive salary and medical benefits.
No calls or agencies, please.
Job Type: Full-time
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Rebellion Photonics, Inc..
Rebellion Photonics is an innovative award-winning company that is a leader in providing spectral imaging solutions. The Gas Cloud Imager,…
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/R&D-Project-Manager-at-Rebellion-Photonics-in-Houston,-TX-82f169ec77167c53