Responsible for research, development and improvement of existing and newly developed devices & process technologies for manufacture in a semiconductor wafer foundry. The employee exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
Experience / Proven Skills / Education / Licenses /Certifications:
• B.S. or M.S. OK, PhD preferred, in engineering discipline: Electrical Eng, Materials Sci & Eng, Physics or related.
• Position requires very strong analytical and people skills.
• Expert-level understanding of semiconductor device physics.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in semiconductor manufacturing related process and device development role or 5-year PhD program in related field.
• Specific computer skills desired: ability to read and edit mask layout data (e.g. Cadence Virtuoso software), experience with statistical data processing software (e.g. R or JMP), device and process TCAD simulation tools (e.g. Medici, Sentaurus etc.), experience with semiconductor fab lot management software (e.g. PROMIS or Workstream).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Listed in order of importance):
• Process technology development and implementation in VLSI manufacturing, foundry environment.
• Semiconductor device characterization and optimization, with a particular emphasis on SiGe HBTs
• Semiconductor fab skills in process development, integration and reliability.
• Participate in and coordinate experiments toward technology development and yield enhancement.
• Technologies to be developed may include CMOS, BiCMOS and novel technology platforms such as Silicon Photonics.
• Work with process engineering team, test team, customers to define goals and manufacturing solutions.
• Design test structures (in CAD environment) and define tests for device characterization (ICCAP, LabView).
• Provide support to resolve customer issues, problems and questions.
• Support transfer from development to production for processes variants.
• Support process transfer to worldwide fabrication facilities if needed.
Knowledge & Abilities –
Work assignments are very complex in nature; analyze and solve problems and deal with a wide variety of variables. May lead complex projects. Strong grasp of scientific concepts and emerging internal authority in one or more technical areas. Assignments include formulation of problems in addition to analysis of solutions and intangible variables
Job Complexity & Responsibility –
Assumes responsibility for a significant portion of projects. Able to lead complex technical projects that influence the company’s short term performance and long term roadmap.
Communication & Influence –
Regularly works with all levels of employees within the company and provides technical guidance to others. Regularly works with internal and external individuals.
Supervision Responsibilities/Received –
Able to mentor others in areas of expertise. Able to lead small teams to resolve technical problems in areas of expertise.
Working Conditions –
Normal office conditions. Factory cleanroom, laboratory, and electrical test work required.
TowerJazz offers a competitive salary plus benefits.
TowerJazz supports a diverse workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disabilities/Veterans. We are committed to affirmative action and equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants in all terms and conditions of employment.
*Candidate must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. legal resident, or have granted asylum or refugee status in the U.S.
Apply Here: http://jobview.monster.com/Process-Development-Senior-Staff-Engineer-SiGe-Job-Newport-Beach-CA-US-183717472.aspx