Founded in 1989, Thorlabs has been serving the photonics industry for over 25 years. During that time, our worldwide presence has grown to include 15 offices in 9 countries with over 1500 employees. Each location provides a local presence within the community it serves. These local operations allow for customer dialogues that better inform our understanding of regional needs and how they fit within the worldwide picture. Today, our portfolio includes over 15,000 items, many of which are customer inspired.
Founded in Newton, NJ, the company still calls the town home today. Nestled in rural Sussex County, NJ, Thorlabs is within close proximity to New York City, the Delaware Water Gap, various lakes, state parks, and outdoor areas.
Thorlabs is privileged to play a role in the work of tens of thousands of researchers throughout the world through the products we provide. We are committed to building a company that achieves its competitive advantage from its fundamental understanding of the community of customers we serve.
Purpose of the Position
The Human Resources Jr Generalist provides assistance to the Human Resources Generalist for the administrative support of day-to-day human resources operations for VA (Sterling) location. Although the location of the position is in Sterling, VA, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other ThorLabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee request and questions.
- Responsible for related onboarding process including: prepare, compile and complete new hire paperwork in preparation for Orientation; validates I-9 verifications; make ID badge.
- Updates and maintains relevant employee information on company intranet site (Paychex, AX)
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of the Community Outreach Program and Wellness Program.
- Handles employment and wage verifications as well as accurately complete state forms as required.
- Assist employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Assist with processing of terminations
- Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants
- Assist the HR Generalist with HR projects
- Assist with recruitment and interview process
- Assist with the benefits administration
- Is the main contact for Temporary agencies
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, walk, hear, used hands and finger to handle, open files cabinets, bend or stoop as necessary
- 1-2 years’ experience of Human Resources experience
- Proficient in MS office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Bachelor’s degree.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Good to Excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and oral communications skills.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Apply Here: http://jobview.monster.com/Junior-Human-Resources-Generalist-Job-Sterling-VA-US-181573689.aspx