JOB TITLE:Chief Technical Officer – Photonics Solutions
Location:Florham Park, NJ
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking aChief Technical Officer – Photonics Solutions for our Florham Park, NJ office location.
In this position you will: Provide technical leadership for Photonic Solutions programs, strategy, new business, mergers & acquisition, IRAD and cross LGS opportunities led by Photonic Solutions.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with Corporate CTO and appropriate LGS Business Development and program management to identify technology, resource and customer knowledge gaps and develop plan of action to fill gaps; supporting successful expansion of Photonic Solutions capabilities and market
- Define the Photonic Solutions strategy and go-forward business plan for U.S. Government business
- Define the Photonic Solutions strategy and go-forward business plan for commercial opportunities
- Provide program technical assistance and/or direct support as required for successful execution of contract awards
- Lead development, submission and oversight of the Photonic Solutions IRAD program
- Provide technical support for Photonic Solutions new business development activities including customer briefings, proposal technical solution development, proposal technical volume development, proposal cost volume development
- Provide technical support for identification and due diligence of future LGS acquisitions
- Provide mentoring and training guidance for Photonic Solutions engineering staff
- Provide support for developing the budget within Photonic Solutions
- Oversee operational and tactical policies and procedures
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary (CONUS/OCONUS)
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Master’s Degree in Physics, Optics, Optical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering, or related discipline and 10-15 years of related experience or a combination of education and related experience.
- PHD, preferred
- Knowledge of Government Optical/Photonic Markets and technologies
- Knowledge of Commercial Optical/Photonic Markets and technologies
- Knowledge of State of the Art technologies for lasers, optical modems, optical Tx and Rx, LIDAR, optical signal processing, electro-optic devices, optical fibers and PICs.
- Extensive contacts within the optics/photonics community
- Ability to architect and integrate systems and services involving new and existing customer programs and systems
- Ability and experience working with senior customer and industry leadership, engineering and tech architects
- Current TS/SCI
- Experience in Intel Community and DoD C4ISR, Intel and/or IT programs
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- A senior technical and business visionary who is able to shape and define a strategy consistent with an overall corporate strategy in the areas of photonics.
- A “mission first” mindset as required to support strong relationships with our US government customers.
- Self-Starting – Ability to develop and execute initiatives with little over site
- Intensely curious – Tracking emerging technologies with relevance to the LGS mission spaces.
- Vision across boundaries – Ability to look past existing organizational structures to create solutions that are larger than existing vertical teams
- High Tolerance for Ambiguity – The technologies change, the organizational structure change and the solutions change… sometimes rapidly as we need to address mission needs
To apply for this position click-on this link: https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GOVCOLUCENT&cws=1&rid=3069
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers .
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Apply Here: http://jobview.monster.com/Chief-Technical-Officer-–-Photonics-Solutions-Job-Florham-Park-NJ-US-183699083.aspx