The VP of BD is responsible for managing the overall business development efforts of Rochester Precision Optics and for the direct sale of company products and services in the Defense, Medical, Life Science and Consumer markets. The primary focus of the VP of BD, along with managing his/her team, is to deliver an annual revenue achievement consistent with company objectives. The VP will drive the necessary activity from the BD team and assist them in successfully reaching their annual revenue targets. This role’s success is measured by the achievement of all revenue goals on a continual basis, driving enough activity to achieve the targeted revenue quota for a 12-month period. 12 month rolling forecast will be maintained as well as a 3 and 5 year forecast plan.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for directing marketing activities such as lead generation, website, collateral, trade show, PR, CRM and industry association involvement.
- Provide leadership on go-to-market strategic focus areas and product sets in collaboration with VP of Engineering and the President
- Along with managing his/her team, the candidate will deliver an annual revenue achievement consistent with the objectives of the company.
- Drive the sakes process from prospecting through closure.
- Maintain strong strategic analysis skills combined with strong business sense.
- Directly manage BD new business and account management activities
- Develop strategic growth plans with the leadership team.
- Build and maintain effective revenue plans, pipelines and forecasts.
- Effectively communicate plans, goals and objectives to BD Managers to ensure effective execution.
- Continually evaluate resources required to implement BD strategy.
- Assume leadership role in identifying major account opportunities and coordinating BD team activities in major accounts.
- Tracking and evaluating the profitability of new and existing business.
- Recruit new BD talent and evaluate performance of existing team.
- Work closely with customers and development to ensure customer satisfaction.
Requirements and Competencies:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
BA/BS in Business, Marketing or other technical degree
- Over 15 years of previous business development or sales leadership experience
- Over 10 years’ experience with optical, electro-optical, or opto-mechanical devices is required.
- International Sales Experience of commercial and military products preferred.
- Capable of establishing immediate credibility and rapport with high level executives and decision makers.
- Strong project management skills including work planning and work delegation.
- Proven experience in creating and managing a BD team for an Optics company is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Polished appearance and group presentation skills.
- Ability to qualify opportunities and assess prospect value and forecast sales opportunities.
- Ability to balance customer requirements and needs with business priorities and to suitably articulate those decisions to the customer with the appropriate diplomacy.
- Working knowledge of International Traffic in Arms Regs (ITAR).
- Experience with business technology and systems.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Pursuant to ITAR, EAR, and other export compliance laws and regulations, applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons as defined by U.S. law, i.e., U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents (“Green Card” holders), persons granted refugee status or asylum status in the United States, or temporary residents granted amnesty.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand: use hands to fingers, handle or feel: and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch: and talk and hear.
- The job may involve prolong periods of sitting/standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May involve prolonged periods of magnified inspection (eye strain)
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
- The employee is frequently required to use the computer.
- May involve the use of oils and solvents.
- Subject to some soilage and irritation from cleaning solutions. (Lab Coats provided)
- Generally works in a clean environment and works to maintain the environment as such.
- Safety Glasses are required
- May require area specific safety training
- This position works in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne paper particles.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shifts from one station to another, during the production process.
- This position requires a moderate amount of travel (Domestic & International) with the understanding that travel is absolutely required when market urgencies and opportunities arise.
- Schedule flexibility is required.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Rochester Precision Optics is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5370968