Principal Mechanical Engineer IPG Photonics Corporation
As IPG Medical grows, there is an expanding need for high level engineering support in the design of medical devices. This is a role for an experienced Mechanical Engineer with strong design skills in system packaging, plastics design, incorporation of innovative manufacturing processes, and mechanical analysis.|
- Lead responsibilities on some device development projects or sub-projects, including the packaging of lasers, displays, scanners, and electronics. Senior level contributor responsibilities on other device development projects.
- Utilize a strong understanding of Solidworks to design complex and high perceived value system enclosures and handpieces including some aspects of Industrial Design, and all aspects of opto- mechanical packaging and molded plastic design.
- Take an active role in managing the sourcing of components and sub-assemblies including process evaluation, vendor sourcing and managing prototype builds.
- Participate in review meetings with partners/customers representing design tasks.
- Design, build, test prototype systems and/or sub modules and develop assembly or alignment methods and fixturing.
- Contribute documentation in line with our medical SOP’s, in support of submissions and creation of DHF’s.
- Minimum 15 years experience in the design and packaging of systems and devices. At least 10 years medical device experience.
- Proficient in Solidworks including opto-mechanical design, surfacing and mold design. Complete understanding of tolerance analyses and drawing methods.
- Full understanding of fabrication processes for enclosures, molded parts, cast parts, stereolithographic parts.
- Experience with Arena, or equivalent PLM system as a high level user.
- Prior experience working for a Medical Device manufacturer, following Medical practices and protocols.
IPG Photonics is the world leader in high-power fiber lasers and amplifiers. Founded in 1990, IPG pioneered the development and…
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Principal-Mechanical-Engineer-at-IPG-Photonics-Corporation-in-Marlborough,-MA-3688c3c627210f9e