· Be the key technical power supply and analog resource in the company.
· Have a leading role in new product platform architectures.
· Independently determine scope and schedule within department goals.
· Design and test power supplies for lasers and RF devices.
· PCB layout of all electronics.
· Design and test PID controls, TEC controllers, analog, and, digital circuits.
· Lead system design, integration, and verification testing.
· Lead transition of new products from design to production.
· Provide key insight into risk management.
· Lead role in assuring electrical safety and EMC.
· Develop test plans for component and system level verification.
· Work closely with a group of embedded software engineers and digital designers on system implementation.
· Troubleshoot and perform failure analysis on existing/new electronic designs.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred, in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of related experience.
· You have designed and released several products that include high-power power supplies.
· Good fundamental understanding of boost PFC, SMPS power supply designs.
· Analog and digital design experience.
· Strong systems and circuit board level debugging, testing, and documentation fundamentals.
· Good understanding of EMI, radiated emissions, and mitigation technique.
· Comfortable with simulation and automation tools. LTspice, Matlab, Labview.
· Expertise in schematic capture and PCB layout tools, preferably Altium Designer.
· Ability to work with other electrical, mechanical, optical, software engineers and scientists to develop new products.
· Experience with IEC 60601-1, EMC, ISO 14971, and regulatory compliance process.