Laser Engineer IPG Photonics Corporation
IPG Photonics continues to expand with new opportunities in Marlboro, MA. The Laser Engineer will be a part of a new, cohesive group involved in the development of advanced laser modules and systems.|
- Responsible for the development of prototypes of high power lasers both fiber and diode-pumped solid-state.
- Design of optical assemblies for beam management and beam delivery.
- Interface with design engineers at IPG locations worldwide throughout the qualification process to support prototype builds, pilot production and release of final products.
- Create documentation for designs as needed including technical drawings.
- Coordinate activities with planning, R&D, and manufacturing teams to optimize time from receipt of initial request to release of products to production.
- BS degree or higher in a laser/optical related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work independently
- Good understanding of lasers, photonics and nonlinear optics and material/light interaction
- Capable of coordinating and executing on multiple projects / tasks
- Good understanding of analytical equipment for optical/laser diagnostics
- Ability to work independently and to interface with large teams, working across departmental boundaries
IPG Photonics is the world leader in high-power fiber lasers and amplifiers. Founded in 1990, IPG pioneered the development and…
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Laser-Engineer-at-IPG-Photonics-Corporation-in-Marlborough,-MA-9bc2f76d94fa47d0