JOB TITLE:Chief Technical Officer – Cyber Solutions
Location:Florham Park, NJ; Herndon, VA or Lisle, IL
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
LGS Innovations, delivering next generation solutions that solve the most complex sensing, networking and communications challenges facing our U.S. Federal Government Customers, is seeking a Chief Technical Officer – Cyber Solutionsfor our Florham Park, NJ; Herndon, VA or Lisle, ILlocations.
In this position you will: Provide technical leadership for Cyber Solutions programs, strategy, new business, mergers & acquisitions, IRAD and cross LGS opportunities led by Cyber Solutions.
You will be joiningthe elite team that focuses on the security of modern service provider scale communication networks, including 4G LTE, IP/MPLS, and optical transport (DWDM, OTN). As an experienced developer with a passion for computer science, you will learn in-demand skills such as reverse engineering and software analysis and then advance the state-of-the-art in these areas. Our fully functional network test beds provide the perfect environment for your research and development of new wireline and/or wireless network features and functionality.
We are seeking the ‘best and brightest’ with a passion to solve tough challenges through innovation and the application of science and technology to catalyze impactful solutions for our customers. Independently perform with minimal direction research, design and software development in various aspects of general IP network security for both classified and unclassified programs.
Join a fast-moving, high-performing multidisciplinary team with a record of success and opportunity for advancement.
LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with Corporate CTO and appropriate LGS Business Development and program management to identify technology, resource and customer knowledge gaps and develop a plan of action to fill gaps; support successful expansion of Photonic Solutions capabilities and market
- Define the Cyber Solutions strategy and go-forward business plan for U.S. Government business
- Define the Cyber Solutions strategy and go-forward business plan for commercial opportunities
- Provide program technical assistance and/or direct support as required for successful execution of contract awards
- Lead development, submission and oversight of the Cyber Solutions IRAD program
- Provide technical support for Cyber Solutions new business development activities including customer briefings, proposal technical solution development, proposal technical volume development, proposal cost volume development
- Provide technical support for identification and due diligence of future LGS acquisitions
- Provide mentoring and training guidance for Cyber Solutions engineering staff
- Provide support for developing the budget within Cyber Solutions
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary, both CONUS and OCONUS
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Master’s Degree in Physics, Optics, Optical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering, or related discipline and 10-15 years of related experience or a combination of education and related experience.
- PHD, preferred
- Knowledge of newly emerging Government Cyber Markets and technologies
- Knowledge of newly emerging Government Cyber and technologies
- Extensive contacts within the cyber community
- Ability to architect and integrate systems and services involving new and existing customer programs and systems
- Ability and experience working with senior customer and industry leadership, engineering and tech architects
- Experience in Intel Community and DoD C4ISR, Intel and/or IT programs
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
- Ability to obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level necessary to perform the duties of the position
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Advanced degree preferred
- A senior technical and business visionary who is able to shape and define a strategy consistent with an overall corporate strategy in the areas of photonics.
- A “mission first” mindset as required to support strong relationships with our US government customers
- Self-Starting – Ability to develop and execute initiatives with little over site
- Vision across boundaries – Ability to look past existing organizational structures to create solutions that are larger than existing vertical teams
- High Tolerance for Ambiguity – The technologies change, the organizational structure change and the solutions change… sometimes rapidly as we need to address mission needs
To apply for this position click-on this link: https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GOVCOLUCENT&cws=1&rid=3077
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers .
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.