At NKT Photonics we aim to make a difference in the World by creating technology and products that benefit Mankind. These are lofty goals for sure but they drive us to perform above and beyond our peers and keep us all motivated.
If you are looking for a job in Photonics then we have a career boosting option for you. We employ some of the best minds in our industry and we are always on the lookout for talented individuals willing to go the extra mile and make a difference.
NKT Photonics is the leading supplier of high performance fiber lasers and photonic crystal fibers. Our main markets are within imaging, sensing and material processing. Our products include pulsed lasers, such as supercontinuum sources, low noise fiber lasers, distributed temperature sensing systems and a wide range of specialty fibers. NKT Photonics has its headquarters in Denmark with sales and service worldwide. NKT Photonics is wholly owned by NKT Holding A/S.
Visit us at: www.nktphotonics.com
An exciting opportunity is available to join a dynamic manufacturing team within a leading fibre laser company at the UK facility near Southampton. NKTP are looking for an enthusiastic manufacturing engineer to help in process development for the manufacturing of advanced ultrafast fibre laser systems for scientific, industrial and medical markets.
You will be working within a small but dynamic team involved in small/medium-volume manufacturing of high-tech laser systems. As a Manufacturing Optical Engineer, you will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of sound optical manufacturing processes on the shop floor. You will be involved in deploying the necessary manufacturing control techniques, as well as in the design and maintenance of a test-data storage architecture. A major part of the Optical Engineer Role is process development, with a heavy emphasis on control of experiment techniques.
- Implement and maintain optical manufacturing processes, centred on stripping, cleaving, and splicing of optical fibres
- Support and (where needed) redesign the test-data storage architecture for products
- Support the transfer of new product designs from Engineering to Manufacturing
- (with regard to your area of responsibility) promote inter-site cooperation with manufacturing teams from other NKT sites
- Implement and maintain manufacturing control techniques for optical processes, as required by the current product line
- Work with production operators to solve assembly line problems in a timely and efficient fashion
- Supervise equipment maintenance and calibration, in line with process control requirements
- Liaise with other departments and report back on design, quality, and safety issues with the current production line
- Assist in the qualification of optical component suppliers, ensuring that components are fit-for-purpose and meet manufacturing requirements
- When required, supervise the workflow of lasers on the shop floor, ensuring timely delivery of finished product
- Production operators
- Members of the Production Engineering team (mechanical and electronics/software)
- Members of the R&D and Design Engineering team
- Quality Department
- Laser Safety Officer
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Proactive and positive approach to problem-solving
- University degree (MSc or higher) in laser physics or related field – or similar
- At least 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with optical fibre processing tools
- Experience in implementing process control techniques
- Good command of English language, both spoken and written
- Very good communication skills; able to communicate with people at different levels, from R&D scientist to production operator
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good self-organisation skills, ability to prioritise tasks
- <10% travel annually, primarily internationally visiting other NKT sites
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5370955