Newport, now part of MKS Instruments, is the world’s largest photonics company providing innovative solutions and industry-leading product brands to multiple markets. Our combined product portfolio includes Corion®, ILX Lightwave™, New Focus™, Ophir, Oriel® Instruments, Richardson Gratings™, and Spectra-Physics® Lasers. We provide complete photonic solutions to make, manage and measure light.
MKS people combine world class engineering and problem solving skills with highly developed listening skills and an unwavering dedication to helping our customers succeed. Our teams push the technology envelope and collaborate across a range of design discipline in our search for inventive solutions.
Our processes are lean and agile and our employees are innovative and focused. We work hard to be easy to work with and we measure our success by the success of our customers.
Cutting edge science and engineering along with the ability to identify with customers are not often found together. When they fuse, the combination is extraordinary. The best MKS people create that fusion.
MKS proudly offers extensive, competitive and well-rounded benefits packages to our employees. At MKS, we value the special talents and resources our employees provide to us, and we know that without their satisfaction and dedication our continued success would not be possible.
The New Focus product group of MKS Instruments, has a challenging product development position for a Mechanical Engineer with opportunity for growth. Candidate will work closely with a team of Electrical, RF, Optical, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineers to design and produce the best Electro-Optic products in the world.
The ideal candidate will perform mechanical design with a diverse team involving electrical, optical and mechanical integration for intricate electro-optic devices on component and system levels.
Activities & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with stake holders and product marketing to define system requirements, complete feasibility tasks, and support product through production
- Design and support of test fixtures and systems
- Development and documentation of manufacturing test and assembly procedures
- Creation of ECO’s and product maintenance tasks
- Interface with Manufacturing Engineers to ensure smooth transition to production
- Support manufacturing and customer service. Work with both research and OEM customers on designs, applications and product service issues
- Support and sustaining responsibilities
- Component selection with vendor interaction and bill of material (BOM) generation
- B.S degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering. A graduate level degree is preferred
- More than 5 yrs experiences in designing, prototyping, and testing opto-mechanical products
- Knowledge of mechanical considerations for optical and electrical systems including, but not limited to: fiber optics, microwave components and PCBAs
- Problem resolution skills applied to providing solutions involving new design and assembly techniques, technologies, and concepts
- Proficient in product definition and release documentation
- Proficient in Pro/E and/or SolidWorks modeling applications
- Work successfully as a team-player with marketing, sales, engineering and production
- Project management experience a plus
- Effective communication skills and technical writing ability a must
- Able to deliver in dynamic, undefined and fast-paced working environment to challenging development schedules
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines
Req. Code : 70008053
Division/Department : Photonix