Intern IPG Photonics Corporation
Are you looking for an Internship or Co-Op?|
At IPG Photonics we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies. An internship opportunity is a great way for candidates to experience why so many people want to work here.
This position is a supervised on-the-job training which typically involves a variety of different dutites and responsibilities to learn all aspects of our operation, but may. in some cases, involve focusing time on one particular area/department.
Initial Projects may include:
- Analyzing the stresses of various thin film coatings
- Developing models for the surface figure distortion due to those stresses
- Creating various Excel based calculators to quickly analyze and predict the outcome of specific multi-layer coatings.
- Assist with Documentation
- Other duties as required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Background in Engineering, Physics, Math, Materials Science or similar
- Experience with Optical Thin Films a plus
- Experience with stress analysis of Thin Film coatings a plus
- Experience with Zygo interferometers a plus
- Have the ability to work a consistant schedule during our business hours
- Reliable transportation
IPG Photonics is the world leader in high-power fiber lasers and amplifiers. Founded in 1990, IPG pioneered the development and…
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Intern-at-IPG-Photonics-Corporation-in-Marlborough,-MA-35f3500b300d9d8d