As leader in optical innovations, we are searching for a Technical Project Leader – New Product Development located at our facility in Somerset, NJ. We currently are seeking an individual who is innovated and creative. One who can lead overall product development plans and direct engineering resources.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Initiate, define and lead overall product development plans and direct engineering resources to take products from conceptual design through development, measurements, testing and qualification with the customer.
- Partner closely with strategic customers during the design and development process, gathering requirements to formulate product definitions and features, as well as define reliability plans and testing to meet customer requirements.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to deliver prototypes and meet manufacturing readiness requirements to transfer successful new products to the manufacturing team.
- Meet critical NPD metrics, including the ability to meet milestone and customer request delivery dates, stay within budgetary cost constraints, and meet manufacturing readiness requirements.
- Technical lead support engineer for decision making as it relates to product roadmaps, value proposition, product costing and manufacturing strategy.
- Performs other related duties as required by management.
- Maintain a safe and professional work environment consistent with company and departmental safety guidelines/ procedures.
Key qualifications include:
- Degree in Optics, Physics or related Engineering field required. Specific, in depth technical knowledge and expertise in Optics and/or Physics.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant leadership and development experience in a high technology environment.
- Demonstrated hands-on engineering approach and experience with New Product Development.
- Knowledge of laser technology
- Must be an experienced leader able to motivate, direct and manage a team of engineers and scientists.
- Strong project management skills and business acumen.
- Knowledge and skills in leadership of the application of engineering principles, scientific analysis and project management while providing advice and counsel to others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to service Global Customers.
Working at OFS means having the opportunity to realize ideas, experience innovation and discover new solutions for the future. In addition to our dynamic work environment, we offer competitive salaries and generous benefits programs, including medical, dental and a matching 401(k) plan.
Note: Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.
OFS Fitel, LLC a Georgia based global company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Apply Here: https://spiecareercenter.org/jobs/5370954