Mechanical Design Engineer
B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. –
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer|
Reports To: Engineering Manager
We provide advanced photonics solutions and other specialty technology for US and international Special Operations Forces and Combat Arms elements that are forward in the fight.
B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. is an ISO 9001:2008-certified developer, manufacturer, and systems integrator of optoelectronic and related products used in defense and law enforcement applications. The company’s core competencies include turnkey laser targeting and illumination systems, night-vision devices, long range surveillance, and other integrated laser systems. We are proud of our reputation as a technology leader in delivering solutions that are proven to meet the demanding performance requirements of extreme environments and combat conditions. Since our origin in 1974, we have been dedicated to providing the highest quality of products, services and support to our customers. B.E. Meyers is a privately-owned and operated small business located in Redmond, WA.
This position may require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Mechanical Engineer will primarily design, build and test electro-optical-mechanical and mechanical products such as laser based pointing and illuminating systems, non-lethal ocular interrupters, night vision devices and weapon sights. Experience with high volume manufacturing process is a must. Additionally, this position will have latitude and creativity in generating ideas and tools for the specification and manufacture of these products.
Familiarity with firearms is a must, and a passion for firearms and their use in military and law enforcement roles is a plus. Engineers with military combat experience and familiarity with military equipment and systems are highly encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Design machined, injection molded, stamped and die cast parts and assemblies.
- Design for high volume assembly process such as ultrasonic welding and semi-automated tooling
- Enthusiastic and able to provide innovative and creative solutions.
- Extensively use SolidWorks to layout and design electro-optical-mechanical assemblies and parts.
- Conducts thermal and stress analysis to validate design approach.
- Plans and conducts design verification testing for prototypes and products to ensure that the design, product and/or process meets specifications.
- Assess and applies MIL-STD documents to product design and testing.
- Assist in the documentation of assembly procedures, work instructions, manufacturing instructions, technical manuals and BOM’s.
- Direct and coordinate fabrication and assembly activities to ensure products and systems conform to specifications.
- Assist with the preparation of estimates, cost reports, forecasts, schedules, account codes, budgets, and change orders.
- Supports internal and external customers as needed.
- Provides technical support to business development.
- Research and analyze data such as customer design proposal and specifications to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Proposes new designs or concepts for review based on customer’s needs.
- Develop specifications, system architecture, test methodologies, and test equipment to design, manufacture and assist in new product release.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must love guns!
May lead and direct the work of others on a project basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong communication skills.
Executes assignments to company and customer standards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from four year college or university, and greater than five years related experience *or* greater than 10 years related experience.
- Experience with an emphasis on product design, including designing for manufacture and assembly.
- Experience with Opto-electronic mechanical design.
- Experience designing injection molded, stamped and die cast parts.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experience with high-volume manufacturing methods such as ultrasonic welding and semi-automated tooling.
- Experience with adherence to MIL-STD.
- CAD modeling design skills and CAD drafting skills required. SolidWorks preferred.
- Experienced in New Product Introduction methodology.
- Experienced in Design for Manufacture and assembly methodology.
- Experience with rapid prototyping processes.
- Experience in design for NC machining.
- Experience in launching products in a structured environment as a team member or leader.
- Experience in product development efforts requiring system and component level design and troubleshooting.
- Experience in organization and communication with design and development engineers to understand performance criteria and required testing.
- Experience in the technical and regulatory requirements specifications and processes associated with complex military devices.
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers, groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, common scientific, technical journals and technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Solidworks CAD. (expertise in Catia, ProE, Solid Edge or Unigraphics is acceptable).
- PDM such as SW Enterprise or Enovia.
- FEA modeling software such as SW Simulation, Cosmos, or Ansys.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the incumbent to regularly walk, sit, talk, and using hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. The employee in this position will be required to use a computer for extended periods of time.
Specific vision abilities required by this job are close, color and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment varies and is usually moderate in an office and manufacturing environment. (Examples: business office with computers and/or computer printers, light traffic). The employee in this position may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
– original job
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to B.E. Meyers & Co., Inc..
Apply Here: http://www.indeed.com/job/Mechanical-Design-Engineer-at-B.E.-Meyers-&-in-Redmond,-WA-27e4acabfff9e9fe